12 Times 'Sex And The City' Was Relatable To Single Women

12 Times 'Sex And The City' Was Too Relatable To Single Women

Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha knew what they were saying

788
HBO

The women from "Sex And The City" had many memorable moments. They had tough relationships, career choices, and countless heartbreaks.

The show reached iconic status for women who were single, loved fashion, and needed some comedy in their lives. Many of the characters were really well thought out and had some of the best quotes. It became a very relatable show to women.

Here are 12 times "Sex And The City" related to many women.

We don't like showing people our emotions

Sometimes when we show our emotion in public or cry in front of people, we are immediately embarrassed. It makes you want to crawl under your covers and never return.

Sometimes we get random cravings

We can sometimes just really want weird combinations of food. We also sometimes just need some fast food, treat yourself.

And then sometimes we just really need a drink

When you have a long day and you just really need a drink. It can happen and that's OK, treat yourself to a glass of wine because after a long day you deserve it.

Most of us, don't wake up looking flawless

We have to get up, get some coffee, do our hair and maybe put some make-up on. We want to look presentable and no it's not to find boyfriend, it's because we just don't feel like looking we just got out of bed.

It's about making yourself feel fresh for the day.

We are tired of the "resting bitch face" standard

We are tired of the word "bitch" being tossed around so lightly. If we stand up for ourselves we are called it and we are tired of being told to smile. We don't need to be smiling 24/7, besides smiling that much hurts your face.

We aren't going to apologize for our success

There were a couple of times in the show where the female characters felt pressured to apologize for their success but knew they shouldn't need to. Why should we apologize for our success, when we know a man would flaunt it.

Us women should never apologize for being successful and instead be proud of ourselves.

We have a lot of insecurites but it's all in our heads

This was the part where Charlotte was insecure about her thighs and Carrie said "the problem is not your thighs. The problem is your head."

We are all beautiful but we often find things wrong with ourselves. There is always something we won't like about ourselves and our bodies.

Our bodies aren't the problem, societies standards and our mental health are.

We can't help but to want things we don't have

This happens to a lot of people because we have envy. We envy people who have what we don't, whether it is they have more money or a relationship.

We also envy the people we wish we looked like. It stops us from being happy because if we always want what we can't have, we will never be satisfied.

It also stops us from appreciating the things we do have.

We know our self-worth

This was a great moment of Samantha's. She was in a toxic relationship and stayed in it because she loved him but then she realized she deserved more.

This is an important thing to remember is to always love yourself the most because you don't want something that betrays you.

Ultimately, your family and friends mean the most to you

These people are the most important because they will always be there for you and will never leave you no matter what. When you focus on the people who love you, it is easier to get over the people who hurt you.

All you need is your girlfriends who aren't afraid to stand out with you

You don't need to change yourself for people to like you, you just need to find the friends that will stand with you.

Perhaps you weren't meant to be tamed

If you have troubles with relationships because you are too independent or too "wild." That means that you weren't meant to be tame and eventually you will find someone who will love you for that.

There were many more moments in "Sex And The City" that were relatable to women and especially single women.

Always remember that you aren't alone in your insecurities and the worry about being single. Surround yourself with people who love you for who you are and don't forget to know your self-worth.

Lastly, don'tapologize for being yourself.