The Top 10 'Sex and the City' Episodes You Need To Revisit Before The New Series

In anticipation for the upcoming series, "And Just Like That," here are the ten "Sex and the City" episodes you need to revisit.

17797
HBO

"Sex and the City" has become quite the franchise since its premiere in the late nineties. The series lasted six seasons and even produced two films. Fans of the show were anxiously awaiting a revival, even if their hopes seemed futile. Kim Cattrall, who plays Samantha Jones, recently spoke out saying she would not return to the show. Cattrall explained that she was never friends with her co-stars and even had a difficult relationship with Sarah Jessica Parker.

In the wake of Cattrall's revelation, rumors swirled the series would come back without her. On January 10, a new teaser was posted on social media for the new series, "And Just Like That." Now that a revival is officially confirmed, here are the ten "Sex and the City" episodes you need to revisit.

10. "The Turtle and the Hare"

This season one episode was a perfect example of the series' boundary pushing subject matter. Sex toys are a more common occurrence in the bedroom than some people would think. But it's not every day you see them as a storyline in a television series. The girls talk Charlotte into buying a vibrator and pretty soon it becomes clear that she might have a problem.

9. "Ghost Town"

Running into an ex is something most people have to deal with at some point. The series captured that moment in several instances, but this episode dealt with those emotions the best. Carrie attends the opening of Steve and Aidan's new bar and spends the entire episode freaking out about it. In the end, she's left with the realization that her feelings for Aidan are still very strong.

8. "The Perfect Present"

Charlotte was always a character that seemed to be in love with love. However, when she met her divorce lawyer Harry, she began to feel the real thing. At first, it was hard to tell if her conversion to Judaism was simply out of a desire to get married. However, in this episode, her sincere connection to the faith is extremely apparent.

7. "All That Glitters"

One of the great things about "Sex and the City" is its incredible portrayal of the fun nightlife in Manhattan. In this episode, the girls go to a gay club after realizing their lifestyles are becoming a bit too domesticated for their liking. This episode also features an early appearance from Australian actor and "Looking" star, Murray Bartlett.

6. "My Motherboard, My Self"

When Miranda's mother dies unexpectedly of a heart attack, the rest of the girls rally to be with their grieving friend. While the episode is sad, it stays true to the tone of the show and includes some tasteful humor. This is one of those episodes that shows how strong the girls' bond and friendship is.

5. "Plus One is the Loneliest Number"

In this episode, Carrie is getting ready to release a book of her various columns. For its release party, Carrie realizes she is without a plus one. She recruits Samantha, who isn't quite the life of the party following a bad chemical peel. What makes the episode, however, is the very last scene when Carrie is being driven home from the party. It just goes to show how sometimes a stranger can unexpectedly brighten our day (or night).

4. "Running with Scissors"

Samantha's sexual escapades and confident personality are the comic relief of the series. That confidence, however, was replaced by a twinge of fear in this episode. While taking an HIV test, Samantha's fears are brilliantly depicted. It offers a relatability to the character and a necessary safe sex message. Not to mention one of the funniest scenes in the show's history.

3. "The Real Me"

Carrie was no doubt the star of the show and women everywhere wanted to dress like her. So when she gets selected to walk the runway in a fashion show, her insecurities seem hard to understand at first. But this episode does a great job of showcasing such insecurities in a relatable way. When Carrie trips and falls on the runway, her embarrassment is clear. However, she gets up and keeps walking, while treated to a round of applause. The episode's message is best said by Carrie in the end. "When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking."

2. "Sex and Another City"

For a show which feels like a love letter to Manhattan, the L.A. episodes were surprisingly enjoyable. In this episode, the girls are enjoying their vacation in Los Angeles and Samantha unexpectedly meets her idol, Hugh Hefner. It results in the girls being invited to the Playboy Mansion and hilarity ensues, particularly when they get kicked out.

1. "Anchors Away"

New York City isn't perfect. However, like any great love, it's unconditional. That couldn't be better depicted than in this episode. While Carrie is attempting to enjoy a day in the city, everything that could go wrong does. That night, the girls go to a party for the sailors, since it's Fleet Week. Towards the end of the episode, Carrie is talking to a sailor named Louis who begins bad-mouthing New York. As Carrie walks away, she narrates, "If Louis was right, and you only ever get one great love, than New York may just be mine. And I can't have nobody talking shit about my boyfriend." Amen!