Seven Reasons Why I Love My Guy Best Friend

He's basically the best.

3150

This article is written as a belated birthday gift for my best friend, who I had promised to write an article about, after asking him multiple times, “what should I write about this week?” and being answered with, “Write one about me. I’m awesome.” So here you go best friend, for your 21st birthday, I wrote seven things that I love about having you as a best friend.

1. You don’t sit by and let me think I’m right when I’m totally wrong.

When I’m wrong, you tell me I’m wrong. You don’t allow me to be ignorant about things and think that I don’t know, and although I may not always believe you, I still appreciate the fact that you don’t lie to me about things. I know that when I need to get an honest opinion from someone, I can go to you.

2. I can trust you with almost anything.

We share mutual friends, and I know that some are closer than others, but I still feel safe knowing that if I tell you something and ask you to keep it a secret, you will. You’re not going to run around blabbing it to anyone who will listen, and I really appreciate that.

3. You know how to make me smile when I’m really upset.

Whether it’s a funny joke or dumb picture of yourself, you know how to make me smile when I really don’t want to. And it’s something that I’ve grown to love over the years. Even the late night drives that I’ve grown so accustomed to help me when I’m going through a rough time and really need to talk things out.

4. You help me make some pretty big life choices.

You support me when I need it, and caution me when you think I’m about to do something really stupid. I know I can come to you before I go and do something that I’m really scared or hesitant about, and you give me your honest opinion about it. You don’t sugar coat it.

5. Our little inside jokes.

Again this kind of follows along with knowing how to make me smile when I’m upset, but still. I know I can always send you one line that will evolve into a million others, and everyone else will look at us as though we’ve completely lost our minds. But I really don’t care because you’re my best friend and I love you bud.

6. You’re basically family at this point.

My mom has grown super attached to you, and basically considers you a second son. And I feel comfortable enough around your family that I don’t feel super awkward around them every time I come over. Except for your dog. Allie still hates me and probably always will.

7.You and I can do stupid things around each other and not feel totally judged.

Because even though we are totally judging each other, we both know that the judgment comes from the bottom of our hearts. Sometimes.

From Your Site Articles