Setting A Career Goal To Completion

Setting A Career Goal To Completion

​After all, I fulfilled my dream of becoming a multimedia journalist

124
Setting A Career Goal To Completion
University of Florida

Everyone has a specific goal in life. This goal varies from person to person and it also revolves around hard work, achievement and success. To this effect, a person often sets his mind on achieving his goal by defining his intentions, selecting a career path and firmly engaging in it until completion. As for me, my career goal is multimedia journalism, and I am now a Freelance writer.

A career is a journey that starts with the first step toward the final destination. Between the start and end points, the student encounters challenges, climbs hills and strolls down valleys. After crossing the finish line, it's worth all the effort and it's a milestone. Then, it's now the time to contemplate other things, i.e. a good job, a dream house, the desired vehicle or dream vacations to countries and places as a self-rewarded incentive for a job well done.

My aspirations for multimedia were monumental. Journalism is what I always breathed and lived for. It is my first-class priority. At some point, the strong desire to become a journalist haunts me so much that I told family members and friends about my plan of making it a reality. Also, I personally came to the conclusion that failure to materialize my journalism dream, as I often confess to others, could have resulted in my intellectual life being incomplete or wasted. I am, indeed, fond of writing and editing my own articles. Being a member of the media and able to dig out the news and to relay it to people is a fun job that I proudly enjoy engaging in.

The job of a journalist is to inform, to educate, to guide and to entertain. My motivation for journalism is a narration of my personal motto, “the baton of journalism has been passed on to me, So I am ready to tell stories and to report facts with the prescribed tenet of the profession."

Journalism requires inspiration, creativity, imagination and a philosophical mind. Prior to studying multimedia, in the serenity of my own privacy, I, sometimes, closed my eyes while I envisioned myself having all the above requisites and also having already accomplished everything I set out to do. By so doing, I fast-forwarded the clock of time in a speedy motion to see myself having, in my ecstasy of loving journalism, completed a 4-year degree in an instant of wishful thinking. I was firm, resolute and self-empowered throughout my journalism apprenticeship.

I learned the A B C of journalism just like a child learns the A B C of the English alphabet. I reap the fruit of my hard labor because I never strayed from my resolve. The education I earned at Florida Atlantic University prepares me to work for any newspaper companies, big and small, including the Washington Post, the New York Times or Miami Herald, and so forth.

All along my journalism career, I stayed on track. Writing assignments were plentiful, complex and brainstorming. With the help of the Lord, the harder the task the higher the grade most of the time. But I encountered some minor impediment, which I turned into something positive. To be successful, I took fewer classes every semester; I spent nights up reading and studying; I devoted hours and hours researching and writing long dissertations and other types of papers in a specifically requested format. After all, I drove full speed without running out of gas.

Earning a Bachelor's degree in multimedia journalism is a dream come true. Now that I cross the finish line, I win a trophy. I've done it, but where one chapter of my career ends, another begins. In that sense, becoming a mature and experienced journalist requires an extensive intellectual work for years to come. I am committed to doing that because journalism is a career that demands a high level of assiduity.

.