8 Things Your Restaurant Server Is Tired Of Hearing

As told by "Rupaul's Drag Race."

75

My uncle has a theory that the world would be a better place if out of high school everyone had to either enlist in the armed forces or the service industry. Since I don't look good in camouflage, I found myself asking people if they "want fries with that."

Working in the service industry is something everyone should have to experience in their life. Dealing with people and their food has proved to be one of the most trying tasks. At the end of the day it is just burgers, pizzas or Chinese food, but sometimes your patience is tested like no other. So, here are some things servers can't stand hearing, as told by "Rupaul's Drag Race" gifs.

1. "You seriously charged me for ranch?"

When there are signs posted and it is stated in the menu that ranch is extra, don't be surprised when you are charged for it. Until you have made 20 pounds of ranch and put them in individual ramekins for an hour, you will not feel bad for charging them. Bring your own bottle of ranch in your purse if you are going to yell at a teenager who is doing what they're told to over a dipping sauce.

2."Oh you close in 10 minutes, just in time!"

Anyone who has worked in a restaurant knows not to come in right before they close. Those that have worked in a restaurant know that it takes sometimes up to an hour and a half to finish closing a store. Some workers stay to close late because of inconsiderate people, then have to be back early in the morning. The disrespect is so real when an entire family comes a minute before and celebrates making it before the already late closing time.

3. "Why was this taken off the menu?"

Do I look like I am in charge of what is on the menu and what isn't? What makes people think that getting upset at their lower than minimum wage paid server can do about an item being taken off the menu? Poor servers have probably heard questions about it their whole shift and someone yelling at them certainly isn't going to bring it back.

4. "You were the best server ever!" *Gets no tip*

If you haven't served tables you might not understand how much tips mean to servers. They get paid a very minimal amount and giving people quality service is their livelihood. Compliments don't pay the bills and if you cant afford to tip, don't go out to eat.

5. Silence after asking, "Hello, how are you?"

Server: "Hello, how are you today?"

Customer: "Water please"

Server: "Oh I have been doing very water as well, thanks for asking."

6. "I need to speak with your manager."

Unless there is a serious issue with your experience, there is no need to get a server in trouble. Most of the time your conversation with the manager will result in no repercussions for the server at all. Your attempt at getting someone in trouble for how long it took your food to come out or because your ice melted is simply petty because those are things your server can't control.

7. "Why did everyone get their salads before I got my steak?"

It is so surprising how some people don't understand how long it takes food to cook. Nobody wants raw food, but many people have an issue with how long it takes for cooked food. Some customers are never satisfied because they think food magically appears.

8. "I swear I'm over 21, I just left my ID at home."

There is no need to be rude to a server doing their job. Believe me, if you didn't look 12 I would want to run your tab up during happy hour, but I also don't want to break the law. So next time you want to get turnt at a chain restaurant, remember your ID.

9. "Because of this, I am never coming here again."

Darn, I don't get to serve your overdramatic butt again? I will live, I guess, and continue serving others that appreciate what I do for them and see that I try my best.