Senioritis, As Told By "The Office."

Senioritis, As Told By "The Office."

8 quotes explaining senioritis

700
Senioritis, As Told By "The Office."

Senioritis is a time when a senior in their last semester of high school loses motivation. They check out mentally as they have already gotten accepted into college and want to graduate already. So it's nice to see that some people relate to losing motivation and not caring anymore. In "The Office," Michael and a few of the other characters express how they lose their motivation, and say just the right things to explain what it's like to have senioritis.

1. "I am dead inside." - Michael Scott

When you first get the wave of senioritis, you feel like doing nothing. You know how much work you have to do, yet you avoid it. You feel dead, thus causing the loss of will to do anything.

2. "Should have burned this place down when I had the chance." - Michael Scott

We all hate school. Sometimes, we have fire drills to practice for the fire that never happens. So when we hit senior year, we especially hate high school as we anticipate the last day anxiously. We get impulses like wishing we could have just burnt the school own when we had the chance.

3. "Okay, um, count me in as 'who cares?'" - Michael Scott

When you lose motivation, you start to care less. You start to put in less effort into your assignments in school. It may reflect in your grades, and you may not get the straight A's that you wanted to, but also, you don't find any part of you to care enough.

4. "I just wanna lie on the beach and eat hot dogs. That's all I've ever wanted." - Kevin Malone

There's a point where all you want in graduation. You start to think about the summer and pick out your senior week group. It's a time where all you want to do is have no worries: no homework, no extra curricular. It's a time where you can just lay on the beach and eat hot dogs.

5. "So what? I don't care." - Michael Scott

Your parents may say that when you lose motivation it will have a bad result, and you should continue to do your best work. But you just don't seem to care. Nothing really matters and you just wanna get done with the year. You start to study less, and put off your homework as a result.

6. "I am running away from my responsibilities, and it feels good." - Michael Scott

When you avoid doing your work, you feel as though you are running away from your responsibilities. However, it feels good in some ways: you don't have to worry about anything. Michael runs away from his responsibilities after he thinks he is bankrupt, and he doesn't care.

7. "If I can't scuba, then what's this all been about? What am I working toward?" - Creed Bratton

When you're almost done with high school, you begin to wonder what it's all about? Why did we go to school? When will I ever use most of this information ever again? I mean trig? Come on! But in the end, if you can't scuba, what has school been all about?

8. "And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do." - Michael Scott

This is the feeling you get when you're in a test that you didn't study for because you didn't feel like it. You think you know what you're doing, but you really don't. But in a larger sense, this applies to after high school: you think you know what to do because your parents have told you so much, but you really don't know what will happen or what to expect until you're out on your own.

9. "I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on this mug all day." - Michael Scott

No explanation needed.