5 Thoughts Every High School Student Has During Their First Week Of Senior Year

It's the beginning of the end...

paris
paris
3

So, you've made it! You're finally a senior in high school. The next few months of your life are going to be crazy, and before you know it, you'll be wearing a cap and gown. Here are some things you're probably thinking right about now.

1. "Wait... I'm already a senior?! I was a freshman just yesterday!"

After years of working your way up the high school totem pole, it can take some time to adjust to finally being the big man on campus. You still sort of feel like a freshman, but now the freshmen look like babies to you. It's a pretty strange feeling. Where did all the time go?

2. "I honestly do not know if I can handle another year of this."

As you re-enter the world of homework, essays, and tests, you find yourself with this thought. Suddenly, all the sleepless nights of studying and stress breakdowns come flooding back into your memory. But don't worry- you can get through it!

3. "I thought junior year was supposed to be the hardest!"

Most people say that junior year is the most academically challenging year of high school, but others argue that each year just gets harder and harder. As a senior, you also have a lot on your mind (school, college applications, etc.) and it feels overwhelming at times. Just remember, the stress is temporary.

4. "Honestly, I pretty much have no idea where I'll be a year from now."

Probably the most irritating and exhausting thing about being a senior is dealing with the constant interrogations from family members. Everyone wants to know, "What colleges are you looking at?" and "What's your plan after you graduate?" These questions can be difficult to answer, especially since you're not even sure where life will take you. treat these questions with patience. Chances are, these people are asking because they genuinely care about what you're up to. And don't be afraid to admit that you don't have all the answers just yet!

5. "I might actually miss this place."

Amidst all the stress and schoolwork, there are so many wonderful things about high school: the friends, the fun, and the memories, to name a few. Whether you've loved or hated your high school experience so far, try your best to savor these last few months and make the most of your senior year. Before you know it, it'll all be over and you'll be moving on.