Senior Year: Make It Count

Senior Year: Make It Count

The last year of college is going to be the toughest to get through.

2
https://pixabay.com/photos/woman-girl-freedom-happy-sun-591576/

Three years have flown by quicker than I could have ever imagined. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was moving into my freshman dorm and freaking out about making new friends. I feel so lucky to be able to say that I've had the best times of my life at college.

Now there's only one year left.

Senior year is going to be great, and I intend to make it great, but I can't help but think about the big, stormy cloud that continuously looms over my head: my future. Worrying about finding a job and making money is so stressful to think about, and it's easy to start overthinking and panicking. As hard as it is not to think about the future, I intend to make the most of my senior year.

I'm not ready to let go of all the late-night talks with my roommates, clubs, sports I was involved in, and even the long hours in the library. I would redo these past few years in a heartbeat, homework included, if it meant I could stay in college forever.

In just nine short months, college will be over for good, and we will be struggling to get used to the real world. So, make senior year count. Cram in as much as you possibly can because you won't get those days back. There's one more year to have fun before having to transform from student to adult, which is pretty scary.

In the meantime, live in the moment. This is going to be the toughest year yet.

That's what's most important: living in the moment. Worrying about the future can put a huge downer on your mood; I know it does for me. So, during senior year, make sure to do as much as you want to. Make some incredible memories and don't be afraid to take some chances.

There is only one year left. Make it count.