Senior Year, I Found 4 Girls Who Will stick With Me For Life

The universe has a funny way of putting people in your life at the right moment for a specific reason.

251

Going into senior year, I started working at a law office with what became two girls. I didn't think anything more than they were my coworkers, but that's the beauty of being a senior. By the time you reach this age, you're ready to expand your horizons and meet people who are out of your inner circle and branch out to get yourself out there. I thank my lucky stars I did so, for if I didn't I wouldn't have created the memories I did, had the experiences I did and set myself up for future memories to be made with these amazing people. It's sad that you will sometimes meet people at the end of your college career, but the way I see it, the universe has a funny way of putting people in your life at the right moment for a specific reason. So maybe instead of always saying, "Why did it take us this long to meet," I should have focused on saying, "Thank god you came into my life at this moment." Here's to you, four psychos:

I never thought I would get close to a co-worker as fast as I did with you. As expected, first encounters in a work environment can be awkward. But it didn't take long for the two of us to get to know one another on a social level, and you decided to invite me out for a random Stubby Tuesday. And ever since then we've included one another in our social gatherings with our mutual friends. Within one year's time we've gone on multiple date dashes together, multiple open to closes, and created our tradition of going to the Coug on Mondays after chapter- since we were the only ones who still attended. With a friend like you, I've been pushed to better myself and hold myself to a higher standard. Seeing your process of applying and getting into numerous law schools, it has been inspiring to really see the benefits and outcome of hard work. I know one day you will make an amazing attorney and I can't wait to hire you, pro bono of course. I feel so lucky to find someone who is always down to go to the bar just like I am. Someone who enjoys sushi at any time of day just like I do, and to talk to one another about our existent and nonexistent love lives. Though this friendship blossomed in one years' time, it came at the perfect point in my life where I needed someone new most, and I'll be keeping you much past college.

Stackman

Cheyenne Wong

If ever there is someone who hypes me up and lifts my spirits more than anyone else, it is you. You know how to make those around you feel special and it is such a gift to have. I have never met someone so brave and so open as you. You have taught me so much and have created an even more open mind for myself. Before I met you I thought I knew everything there was to know about humans and the ways we think and what we can believe in. You showed me that there is so much more within this difficult world that we live in. You taught me that being different and being ourselves are the best ways to introduce ourselves to the world. You've taught me the difference in changing things I don't like and knowing how to deal with things I can't. You are someone that I can discuss any topic with, whether it is controversial or something that we're taught not to talk to others about. There is just about nothing in this world I can't ask you or discuss with you. I find your sense of humor and your confidence to be so inspiring as well as your enthusiasm with anything you like. Whether it is music, movies, or any of your favorite TV shows, you allow yourself to immerse in these hobbies in a pure and simple manner. I won't find another friend who inhabits all of these qualities like you do and I'm not in any need to find one. I'm lucky I have someone like you to go through life with and to ask for advice at all hours of the day and night. Thank you for your unconditional love and for always being open with yourself. You inspire me to be a better person.

Lael

And last but most certainly NOT least, you Lael. You came at the tail end and what many would see as the last possible second. While you were off teaching the youth for your practicum, we were establishing these friendships. And just like your bubbly self, you were able to sneak on in and hang with the best of us. I will never forget the first time I met you and your blunt and honest humor. It reminded me of myself and perhaps that's why I gravitated to you. As you were the only roommate that was normal and didn't bully our fellow friend, it was only proper that we made you spend your free time with us. Your loyalty to us is what I admire most about you. You will defend us against others if we are in need and you are not afraid to voice the unpopular opinion. The best thing about you is even when it seems hard you always know when and how to do the right thing. It only took you a solid three weeks to prove how amazing of a friend you are and you dear, I curse your practicum to not allow you to meet me sooner, but like everyone else, it seems that timing has a reason to it. I can't wait to see what other shenanigans you and I get into and what other things you say that will make me cry laughing. Thank you for being a light in my life and always making me laugh. You bring joy to my life and a smile to my face.

Jules

The biggest surprise about our friendship is that we had every opportunity in the world to get close but it took our very last year to do so. Pledging Kappa as sophomores gave us a common ground to walk on. Having mutual friends allowed us to also get to know one another on a surface level. And once I started working with you, @#$! hit the fan when we started hanging out religiously and became inseparable. Since then, we have been attached at the hip, constantly getting drinks together, getting food, giving each other the low down about whatever guy is screwing us over. You've proven to be a friend that will be there at any time of day or night, literally, and will drop everything to comfort me. Befriending you was hands down THE smartest choice I ever made but I kick myself in the butt for not having done so sooner. You've also proven that miles don't really mean much because wherever we are in the world, it's nothing a plane ride can't fix, and we still have the power to communicate and keep in touch with one another. You're a forever friend that I know will be a big part of my future for years to come.

Alicia

So to anyone reading this, my best advice is to befriend people you might think you wouldn't be friends with. You can surprise yourself at how easy it is to get close to those around you whether it is in a work setting, classroom, etc. It's unfortunate that you might meet people when it feels too late. But enjoy the time you have with them for it can create the introduction for the rest of your lives. For I know that these four girls are friends that will stick around for life, beyond our college years.