Senior Sign Off

Alright, alright...one last time.

I don't think you guys fully understand how utterly terrible I am at saying goodbye (because this is about the third goodbye letter I've had to write in the last three weeks).

And this one might be the hardest one.

See, now that graduation is behind me, my time left here in Louisiana is finally almost at an end, and it's as terrifying as it is incredible. I wanted this. For so long, I wanted this opportunity. The chance to move back to the place my heart feels at home; where I feel I am myself and can truly enjoy every single second of my existence.

I'm moving back to Wyoming, and this time, I don't think I'm coming back. I mean, of course there's no way to predict what the future holds, but I can't see myself returning to this chapter of my life once I close it.

So yeah; I'm moving back to Yellowstone National Park, because I was offered my dream job. I'll be writing, taking pictures and creating videos for the place I love more than any other. It's surreal.

I'm pretty sure I've covered almost all the bases with saying goodbye to the most important people in my life.

I wrote my senior sign off for the Vermilion, I've hugged my friends and family and have walked across my campus for one final time. It all feels pretty full circle.

And now the time has come for me to say goodbye to Odyssey.

I've been writing weekly pieces for this platform since last summer, and it has definitely been a wild ride. But I definitely need to acknowledge what Odyssey has done for me in my time with them.

That dream job I mentioned earlier? Yeah, I was offered that because of Odyssey.

When I was asked to participate in the Red Bulletin campaign back in November of 2016, and I wrote about how incredible my first summer experience with Yellowstone was, that post went viral, and I was noticed by the company that is offering me this incredible opportunity. Had Odyssey not given me that foot in the door, I'd probably still be unemployed (that's a scary thought).

But yeah; this chance for me to move back to Yellowstone is 100 percent thanks to Odyssey. I will always acknowledge that right off the bat.

Aside from that, this platform has given me so much more. I have loved the people I've worked with in my community more than I can explain. They've always been the most supportive and wonderful team, and I couldn't have made it anywhere without them, or their hilarious group messages.

I especially want to say thank you to our wonderful EIC, Laura. From the moment I started writing for Odyssey, her constant love, understanding and love has gotten me through some of the most difficult and lowest points of my semesters. From our vent sessions and late night Sonic runs to our Odyssey Christmas party and football games, she has always been more than I could ever ask for in a friend.

When I say that this girl has been the biggest support system I could have ever asked for, I mean it. I have found such an incredible best friend in her, and I don't even know how I'm going to go into this next phase of my life knowing I can't just text her that we're going to look at Christmas lights on houses.

(Seriously, Laura, thank you, for all you have given me. There's no way this little sign off could ever be enough, but I hope it lets you know how much I cherish your place in my life.)

I think I'm just about out of words and tears here, and knowing that this is the end hurts in ways I don't know how to illustrate with words, because writing for Odyssey truly has given me so much.

But it's also the most exciting time of my life. I'm going to chance the world, starting in Yellowstone National Park. I'm going to move out west and make all of you proud.

I don't really want to call this goodbye; goodbyes feel too final, and this is more of a new beginning than anything else.

It all starts here; I'm at the end of my Odyssey career, but at the beginning of the rest of my life.

And for one final time...

Happy exploring.