A Letter To 2020 Graduates

A Letter To 2020 Graduates

Even during a worldwide pandemic, your accomplishments still matter.

151
https://unsplash.com/photos/UkXLMUn9-Gc
Karly Jones

Over the course of the last few months, education has drastically changed. Schools and universities everywhere have closed their doors and online learning has become the new normal. With everything going on, many students have been affected, but graduating seniors have been the hardest hit. I have thought about this a lot so I just wanted to write to those seniors who are not going to experience their graduation day as they had hoped.

First of all, congratulations! To anyone graduating no matter your age, you have made an amazing accomplishment and you should be very proud of all of your efforts. Due to the current circumstances, having ceremonies and celebrating as you normally would have been changed or even cancelled. But even if your graduation ceremony is cancelled, your achievement is no less important and you can still find ways to celebrate. Whether it's celebrating with the people you live with, having dozens of phone calls or video chats or anything else you and your family feel comfortable with, there is still room for celebration. It's important to stay up to date with what's going on in the world, but recognizing huge accomplishments like receiving a diploma or degree should also be a priority.

So, I hope you celebrate in any way you can and truly feel proud of everything you have accomplished. You can use this time to reflect on your educational journey and maybe write down some memories so you always have them. They say everything happens for a reason even when that reason seems impossible to understand. Instead of asking why me, I encourage you to make the best out of your situation. Try your best to celebrate now and know there will be a time and place for more celebration in the future. I'm truly sorry your graduation day is not what it was intended to be, but you still overcame many obstacles and made it to the top. The class of 2020 will always be remembered as being truly resilient in a time of uncertainty. Congratulations to you, again.