The beginning of the semester is a special time. You're excited to be going back to your life at college and seeing all of your friends, but you're also depressed because going back to school means that you have to deal with going to class, taking exams, buying books, spending too much money, and getting no sleep.
1. When you arrive back to school and unexpectedly see one of your friends.
You just missed the squad so much that you needed to tackle them to the ground in a giant hug.
2. When you remember that you actually have to go back to learning and getting an education.
We all momentarily forget that we're at college for academics not just our squad and late-night fast food adventures.
3. When you go to your first early morning class and your professor is a morning person and expects you to be one as well.
If you consider 2 o'clock in the afternoon to be morning, then we are all morning people. Anything before that is just too early.
4. When your professor gives you the syllabus and introduces himself/herself then lets you leave.
Those professors are the best and nicest people who are too good for this world.
5. When there are like 600 people in line for the bookstore.
"Do they even go here though? There aren't that many people at this school," is the only thought in your head.
6. When your professor gives you a pre-test on the course to see what kind of work he/she can expect from you.
Don't they know that you're out of practice? You just came back from a four to six week long vacation where all you did was eat, watch re-runs, and try your hardest to not leave your house for days at a time.
7. When you realize that you're probably taking too many hours this semester.
Maybe next semester, you'll listen to your advisor, but probably not.
8. When your professor asks you to say your name and what you want to be when you grow up.
At least you knew the answer to the first part of the question. Eventually, you might figure out what you want to be when you grow up, or if you grow up.
As if I have time to do schoolwork, go to class, work, have a social life, and a love life. One of them is going to be neglected.
10. There's always that one kid in every class who says something dumb every class period and you're just like:
11. When your class is cancelled and you're only two weeks into the semester:
Good luck to everyone on this semester! Keep being awesome and watching "The Office" to procrastinate your schoolwork.