New Semester, New Opportunity

New Semester, New Opportunity

Round Two, here we come.

146
Diverse City

Congrats! You have completed the fall semester of 2017! If you are like me, you completed your first semester of college! It is definitely something to be proud of, so give yourself a pat on the back. Looking back on the past three months, there are some things I wish I did differently this semester, and some things I am content with. So, I urge you all to do some reflecting. In just a few short weeks, you have the chance to start fresh again. The chance to improve yourself and make yourself as happy as can be. Here are some tips for second semester:

Don't Trust Too Easily.

Something I've learned is that not everybody is going to have your best interest at heart. And sometimes, that is difficult to tell. So, being a little reserved in who you let into your circle may be a good idea. There are a lot of good people in this world, just be careful on the ones who are just disguising themselves as that.

You don't need to be perfect.

First semester hit some of us like a truck. College is not a piece of cake, it takes work. And for people who are used to getting A's a lot in high school, it may have been hard to accept this change. I learned that you do not have to be perfect. It is okay to be a little off some days. Everyone is always an "in progress". Don't forget that.

Listen to Your Heart.

Sometimes we feel pressured to follow others or blend in with our surroundings. Please remember that you have the right to your own life. You can listen to yourself. If something doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. Do what you love, or listen to your heart to find what it is you love. By doing this, you will feel yourself gaining controlling of your life.

Find Your Passion.

If you are like any other human in this world, you like money. Almost everyone wants to make a lot of money. However, if that overpowers your happiness, you may find yourself with lots of money but no joy. Make sure that you are happy with where you are heading, don't just do it for money because you will regret that decision. Find something that brings a smile to your face and you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life. It is still early in the game, you have time to find what makes you tick.

Let It Go.

If there are any grudges you have against anything or anyone from last semester, just let it go. It will prevent you from fully indulging yourself in a new semester, a new start. Any mistakes you made, any hearts you may have broken, your heart may have been broken, any regrets; let them stay with the first semester. You get a re-do to make your experience better. Don't waste it.

Second semester is a big one. You have the chance to make yourself smile a little bigger and laugh a little louder. Run into this one full force, with an open mind. You are destined for greatness in this world, just let yourself believe it. Good luck to all.