This Semester Has Been Rough

This Semester Has Been Rough, But It Is SO Worth It

The photo you see above is a direct representation of how things are going currently.

103
college girl stressed
Personal Photo

Let's be honest, college is not for everyone, and there are some days I question if it is right for me. I don't want to be negative, but I do believe in being a realist (you can think my mom for that).

When I started college, it felt easier. I was living with my parents, going to school during the day, and working at a school in my hometown in the evenings. Life was easy, but I was foolish not to realize it.

It is now three years since I graduated high school, I have changed jobs (twice), and moved out, but now preparing to move back into my parents' home. I mean life is wild.

There are honestly days that I have forgotten to eat until like 10 at night, and let's not even discuss laundry. I do not know how actual adults do it.

Ya girl is not only on the struggle bus, but I AM DRIVING THAT BAD BOY RIGHT NOW.

It is the week before finals, and I am praying that I see Friday at this point. Do not judge a college student over the next two weeks, because we have forgotten about thriving, and we are simply trying to survive.

FYI: PARENTS, BE PREPARED FOR LOTS OF LAUNDRY AND KIDS WANTING HOME-COOKED MEALS OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

I do not graduate until December with my bachelor's degree, and I tell you what, eight months feels like FOREVER. The closer I get to graduation, the slower time seems to go by.

But hey, YOU HAVE GOT THIS. WATCH THE TV SHOW. TAKE YOURSELF OUT FOR TACOS. TAKE A BATH. DO THAT LAUNDRY. YOU WILL SURVIVE, I may not, BUT YOU WILL.

In case anxiety and stress have taken over as it has for me, here are some tips for these last few days to help you get through it:

1. DO NOT FORGET TO EAT.

2. CALL YOUR FAMILY.

3. TAKE WALKS OUTSIDE TO GET FRESH AIR.

4. LEAVE THE LIBRARY (AT LEAST FOR JUST A FEW MINUTES).

5. REMEMBER WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS.

Gals (and guys) this degree will be so worth it.

I have grown up so much in the last three years, and it breaks my heart to know that I will be graduating at the end of this year. I have become this young woman that is full of joy in a world full of awfulness (is that even a real word??).

I have matured from a naive girl that grew up in a small town, and have learned that the tiniest things in life are the absolute greatest. College is a journey that is full of confetti, rainbows, late nights, coffee, tears, sweat, but of all moments that make me realize that I made the right decision.

I have truly learned that I am passionate about my degree and I will stop at nothing to walk across that stage, hear my full name (that is a bit long), and see my whole family smiling down on me.

We all know that we could not make it through these hard times without our families. So, don't take your frustration out on them, even when you are sleep deprived and just done with this whole thing we call college.