Top 5 tips sell more tickets for your event

Sell more tickets; we don't have to ask if you would like this. As a ticket service, we, too, are happy with a sold-out event. In this blog, we give five essential and practical tips to sell more tickets.

11
Tip 1: 75 days in advance

In 2018 the agendas were filling up faster and faster, and there is a lot of choices. The events on Facebook and other channels are almost impossible to keep up with. The reason for organizers to announce the planned event well in advance: about 75 days in advance.

Start creating the event in the Admin and set up the event according to your wishes, with various ticket types and everything that comes with it. Don't forget to make a content agenda for a clear overview of when, where, and especially how you will reach the visitors during the countdown towards the event.

What we see a lot is that organizers stop the sale after a specific time on the day of the event. But on the last day, a lot of last-minute tickets are sold, and we often see a peak. Tricks like: 'We are almost sold out, last tickets available at the door' usually do not work, visitors do not fall for it. Our tip: let the online pre-sale continue until the moment that visitors are no longer allowed inside. If it is busy at the door sale, then visitors can buy a ticket on the spot through the ticket shop. The visitor arrives earlier; there is less traffic at the door sale and less cash on location. So win-win.

Tip 2: Inform visitors in the right place

Of course, you want to keep the visitors informed. But where are those visitors? Where are they active online, and do you reach them in the right way? Questions that you must always keep asking yourself as an organizer. Offer tickets directly on your website (through an iFrame) or send visitors to our ticket shop via social channels. The ticket shop can be arranged entirely in style. Make it a party in your house style that offers recognition, and so you radiate a whole.

What should, in any case, always be clear to buyers: the date, the start and end time, the price, the location, the parking option, the line-up, and provide directions. Make it easy for visitors and offer an attractive call-to-action. Make sure they feel like ordering tickets directly.

Tip 3: Turn your visitors into ambassadors

Turn your biggest fans into ambassadors. A powerful way to quickly sell event tickets online. Word of mouth advertising works, always. Are you buying a new vacuum cleaner or festival tent nowadays without looking at the reviews? Oh no. So make sure that the loyal supporters are actively involved in the run-up to the event. Just inviting and tipping on Facebook no longer works, try to get ambassadors to use playful ways to publicize your event. The choice is enormous, and some creativity is usually rewarded. You then thank these top fans for a place on the honors list, a dinner party, free tickets, or merchandise.

Sounds easy, right? Is it too! And it works, guaranteed.

Tip 4: Contrast Psychology

Marketing offers excellent opportunities to stimulate the sale of tickets. A good example is contrast psychology, where the so-called interaction effect increases the differences between stimuli. With contrast psychology you offer more tickets than just your regular ticket, this must be a more expensive variant, for example, a VIP ticket. In many cases, the Dutchman in us would see the regular ticket as the more 'sensible' option and therefore choose.

This principle works in many cases, also in your personal life. Suppose you get eaters tonight, and you like a good glass of wine. You go to the local liquor store and ask for a good Chardonnay, where you are given three options. The chance is very high that you will not take home the cheapest and not the most expensive, but one in between.

An additional advantage is that you offer a wider range of tickets. Your visitor likes to have the choice so that the person has the feeling that he or she has been able to choose a ticket that suits them well. This translates into more sales and higher turnover.

Tip 5: Fear Of Missing Out

According to Dirk de Wachter (Psychiatrist), FOMO is a widespread disease of our time. FOMO: the fear of missing something. Everything must be fun, more beautiful, and enjoyable, so the choice of a Netflix evening is taboo if they have your event in front of it.

Create various price ranges in your tickets., Go up step by step. As soon as people enter your ticket shop, for example, three ticket types are already sold out. This certainly has an effect on the FOMO principle, a hype that you are only too happy to cherish.

Do you have a brilliant tip for selling more tickets? Let us know; we like it!