Quotes To Remind You That You Should Love Yourself

22 Quotes That Reaffirm Your Self-Worth, Especially When It Needs Reaffirming

It's easy to forget to be kind to yourself, but it is often the most important thing you can do.

1102
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlDwZ9dh65b/?taken-by=astrophilemoi

In a world where we are so focused on how we look and what we do, we often undermine our own self-worth and image. The reality is that you are the most important in your life because you have the power to control it all, and here are several quotes to remind you just how special you are and why you need to appreciate every part of yourself.

1. “Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with.” — Anonymous

2. “Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing.” —Anonymous

3. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Andre Gide

4. “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind. Body. Spirit.” —Anonymous

5. “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish – it makes you indestructible.” —Anonymous

6. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor

7. “Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all time.” —Anonymous

8. “Don’t let hollow heroes distract you from saving yourself.” – Nikki Rowe

9. “Be very very very gentle with yourself. The world is very very very hard on you.” —Anonymous

10. “You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don't know it, all of that doesn't even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It's not like you have forever, so don't waste any of your seconds, don't throw even one of your moments away.” —C. Joybell C.

11. “Confidence is knowing who you are and not changing it a bit because of someone’s version of reality is not your reality.” —Shannon L. Alder

12. “Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.” —Dr. Maya Angelou

13. “Never allow yourself to be defined by someone else’s opinion.” —Anonymous

14. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” —Eleanor Roosevelt

15. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

16. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” —Buddha

17. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” —Mark Twain

18. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” —Jean Shinoda Bolen

19. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” —Andrew Matthews

20. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” —Howard Washington Thurman

21. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” —William James

22. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” —Yogi Bhajan

These are just a few quotes to think about the next time you put yourself down or are harsh to yourself. We all do it, and it's natural. But it's also important to be kind and gentle to yourself especially when the world feels most cruel.