Saying Goodbye
Dating

Saying Goodbye Is The First Step In Welcoming A New Hello

See you on the next page.

147
Hannah Henley

About a year and a half ago I made a decision that changed my college experience entirely.

Going into college, I knew I wanted to write. I craved words and wanted to learn how they could shapeshift and change meaning for different people. I stumbled upon Odyssey one day on Facebook, and on a whim decided to apply, not really knowing what was in store. I interviewed to be a creator and then poof I was writing nonstop.

Articles very week with my heart poured into every syllable. I loved every second. When I joined the team there was maybe fifteen of us, now as I part ways with the team I leave behind a mighty 40 creators.

There is something magical about giving people an outlet for their voice to be heard. The Odyssey gave me the chance to test the waters of what I wanted to write about. Every week I was excited to write a new listicle or article about who knows what. Then my journey continued on to become the team's editor.

Now, this was no easy feat but one I so thoroughly enjoyed. Our team is full of talented writers and every week I had the pleasure of reading and editing every one of their articles. Yea, it was a lot of reading, but everyone has a different viewpoint, a different topic to cover, a different joke to tell and I soaked up every minute.

Now here is the hard part. I've never been great at saying goodbye.

Not because I get extremely emotional, actually quite the opposite. I harden up like a rock and push past the emotions because saying goodbye to something that has made such an impact on me is something I don't know how to face. I have dedicated countless hours to this journey and now I near the end and I'm not sure how to say my parting words.

Goodbyes are funny in that way, we build the anticipation of saying goodbye so much that the words themselves lose meaning. As I typed that last line my heart kind of sunk in my chest. On this exploration for words, I have come to the point where they have lost meaning.

Maybe this is why it is time to say goodbye.

Time to start my next quest for the never-ending possibility of the words that fill up this line, this page, this internet, this world, this universe. So I guess that is it, onward to the next chapter(as every cliché writer likes to say). See you on the next page.

Related Articles Around the Web