Choosing Self-Love Over Perfectionism
Self Love

Instead Of Chasing The Unreachable Goal Of Perfection, Spend Your Time Learning To Love Yourself

When you really think about it, it's dumb to want to be perfect anyways. Be the piece that doesn't fit.

80
Puzzle pieces scattered around

It's pretty much a known fact that it is impossible for any human being to be perfect. Of course, everyone has someone in their life they like to think is perfect, whether that's their mom, dad, celeb crush, significant other, or even themselves, but it's just not true. No one on Earth is perfect, but yet some of us still strive for that "perfect" status.

It's not gonna happen. You're never going to get there. We might as well be ourselves.

It's human nature to crave acceptance and a lot of that craving contributes to the idea that we have to be anything but ourselves to be accepted. This idea goes beyond just hiding your little quirks, your "baggage," and your pimples. It's the idea that we are all chasing an idea of perfection that does not even exist. We're all stuck trying to fill someone else's idea of what perfect should be and we abandon the things that highlight our personalities the most.

Loving yourself takes work, commitment, positivity and of course, it is easier said than done. But, you're never going to be satisfied if your only motivation is trying to be perfect in everyone else's eyes. Start by giving yourself a little more credit. Self-love can heal just about anything, but like everything else in life, it takes work. Chasing perfection is all a trap and it'll have you running in circles with very little self-growth.

Before you go and make an important decision, ask yourself this "Who am I doing this for?" Then ask yourself, "If I do this, who is it going to benefit?" If the answer to both of those questions is not "me," then it's time for a reevaluation. As selfish as that may seem, it's important in the journey of loving yourself, and self-love is the number one thing that will veer you away from the goal of perfection and towards the goal YOU really want.

The infamous line does say "haters gonna hate," and that is important to remember while on the impossible journey to perfection. You can't please everyone and no matter what you do, someone will have something to say about it, guaranteed. That's why, when you really think about it, it's dumb to want to be perfect anyways. No amount of money, plastic surgery, makeup, or personality alterations can make anyone reach the perfect status, but here we all are, still trying.

Life is all about trial and error, failures and successes, but it seems that the hardest part of life is accepting who you are. Quit trying to please everyone else and be "perfect." What does "perfect" even mean anyway? If anything, it's more work to try and figure out what being perfect means and trying to be that rather than just living for yourself.

Do yourself a favor and abandon the idea that you could ever be perfect because the only way you can even come remotely close to perfect is if you're being yourself. Cliche or not, it doesn't matter. Step out of the revolving door that you may think is going to lead you to perfection and understand all the personality traits you don't even have to try for that put you damn near close to perfect.