Be Beautiful

Be Beautiful

Hot and sexy can't compare.

26
Be Beautiful
ABA Teachers' Blog

We live in a society where girls get judged, sadly throwing it back to the high school days where boys would even rank girls on a 1–10 scale. It is society that has ruined the true meaning of beauty or being called "beautiful." Too many girls strive to be hotter than next, not realizing that they lose themselves in the process. Who can have the best body, the biggest butt, or the most pushed-up boobs, right? Because yes, ladies, those are really going to take you so far in life. But I don't blame them; I blame society for these words that are used to judge all the women out there and take away from what beautiful really means. I want to express what these words really mean, ladies.

Now, the "hot girl." Hot is when a girl wears an outfit that can turn heads because either her behind is showing like Nicki Minaj's or she has cleavage better than Kim K. Hot is that "one night stand" type of girl, the one you'll wake up next to in the morning wondering how drunk you were and how much makeup she was wearing the night before. Sometimes the "hot" girl makes you re-evaluate your drunk goggles the morning after. She's the type of girl you have mini convos with before you take her home. She's not the type of girl your mom will always approve of, nor is she always one who knows anything about politics, nor can she even quote your favorite movies. You can't hold a conversation with her for that long without wondering when she's going to shut up. The hot girl catches your eye for one night only.

However, sexy. Sexy is that look a girl has when she will move with confidence and flashes you that million dollar smile that outshines every smile in the room. That sexy girl has it all from looks to brains. She has sass and class. Sexy is the idea that she can take care of herself even if it makes her look like a bitch. Her looks make her attract people, but it's the way she talks that keeps them listening and wanting more. She walks with confidence and usually intimidates a lot of people, but she does not care because she knows she's got it. It's her independence that makes her sexy.

Now, beautiful. Beautiful is not that girl who walks into a room and turns heads. She is that girl who, when she walks into a room and talks, is heard because she knows what she is talking about. Her looks are flawless. Her body is like that of a goddess, even though she might not have the biggest butt or boobs and she's not wearing a tight mini dress. Her looks are gentle. Her skin is glowing, and she barely needs any makeup. She can be shy or she can be boisterous, but she is beautiful because it's her personality. She is real. She is that beautiful girl who will make you fall in love with one glance. Her smile does not need to be the whitest, but it is that thing she does that just makes you smile along with her. It's the light in her eyes when she talks about her ambitions that makes her beautiful. That beautiful girl does not have dreams, she has goals. Her laugh that makes you want to tell jokes all day because it is like music to your ears. It's that girl that you will wake up with the next morning and ask yourself how you ever got so lucky.

That's beautiful.