'I’m Not Even Tan Yet' And 10 Other Self-Destructive Thoughts College Girls Have In The Summer

Thoughts can be dangerous, so ladies, let's try to love ourselves a little bit more.

300
https://unsplash.com/@haileysreed/collections

Trust me, anyone that knows me knows how much I 1) love being tan and 2) constantly talk about how I look better tan. As much as I love when I have a little bit of a summer glow, I also am starting to realize I have to accept my body at all times, especially during bathing suit season. While I know this is easier said than done, I figured I'd help other girls realize that they aren't the only ones who have these thoughts. It's time to stop the negativity and start loving ourselves, even if it's a little bit at a time.

1. "I'm not even tan yet."

Like I said, I'm the worst person when it comes to wanting to be tan. Working inside Monday-Friday while I watch the sun through my window can be pretty upsetting sometimes, but it'll make those beach days even better.

2. "I have 5 days to lose 5 pounds before I have to put on this bathing suit"

Honestly, the scale isn't a friend sometimes. Try to see how good you look in that bikini before thinking about what it would look like after you lose a few pounds.

3. "None of my clothes are cute enough to wear out."

Stop that. Yes they are-if you're bored of a look, try pairing an outfit with a cute bag or belt or necklace to switch it up. You don't need an entire new wardrobe and, odds are, everyone else is too worried about their own outfits to think about whether they've seen you in yours before.

4. "I should've started my summer diet in February"

No, you shouldn't have, because nachos taste good and you deserve all the nachos in the world.

5. "Everyone else has the perfect summer wardrobe. WTF?!"

You! Do! Too! If you want to switch up your outfits, try pairing them with different shoes or cute accessories to switch it up.

6. "Why is my smile so weird in pictures?"

If your smile seems a little bit off to you, I bet it's just your brain trying to find something wrong with your pics.

7. "How does everyone have amazing plans every weekend and I end up sitting on my couch?"

1. Those people are not having as much fun as they seem and 2. No one said anything was wrong with catching up on sleep and Netflix

8. "I really need to start working out."

Only work out if you want to work out, not because you feel the pressure to start!

9. "Isn't acne supposed to go away in the summer?"

Your body doesn't always listen the way it's supposed to, but that means one day it'll work out in your favor!

10. "Why do I look good in this dress but not in that bikini?"

Because every body type is DIFFERENT. You won't look your best in everything you try on, and that's okay. Focus on that dress you look amazing in instead of focusing on the negative!

11. "No guy is ever going to want me once he sees me next to someone else."

This isn't true at all. And, if a guy is that shallow to look at girls and mentally check them off his list, then you don't want to be around him anyway.