7 Self-Care Tips For This Holiday Season

Take a break and end this year in the best way possible.

15

The end of this year is approaching quickly (thank goodness), and I think everyone could use a little "me time" and self-care, now more than ever. Use these last few days of 2020 to rejuvenate yourself and be able to make 2021 the best year it can be.

Here are a few ways that I've been taking care of myself, both physically and mentally.

1. Have a Good Cry

Seriously. It's somewhat stress relieving to release that emotion, especially if you've been doing through a lot. Afterwards, you'll feel lighter.

2. Eat Some Good Food

I mean, extremely good food. Normally I crave more decadent foods that I definitely could not eat all the time. So lately, I have just been letting myself eat more of the foods I want. It's just a simple thing that instantly improves your day and your mood.

3. Clean Your Room

This tip honestly doesn't feel like self-care until it's done. I, and a lot of people, hate cleaning their rooms. However, there is something special about being in a nice, clean room. It's soothing.

4. Yoga

Unsplash

I started this randomly after seeing a YouTube video. Just getting up to do some stretches and breathing every once and a while has boosted my energy and mood. I started small by just breathing and went up from there. It's worth a try if you're interested.

5. Making a To-Do List

I know this one sounds counter-intuitive, but what stressed me out a lot was feeling like I had a lot to do but not being sure where to start or what I was forgetting. Writing everything down in one place and seeing the list get shorter everyday has really eased my stress.

6. Talk to Loved Ones

I have always been bad with keeping in touch with family and friends. This year has made it even worse. So to change my bad habit, I just started to set an alarm to remind myself to call people. The interaction is amazing and really brightens up any day.

7. Sleep

Unsplash

Honestly, resting has done wonders for me. Just put on some soft music or nature sounds if you're into that, get yourself a weighted blanket and some comfortable pajamas, and take a good eight hours. I promise you will feel better after that.