Come See UD's Show Good 'N' Plenty

You NEED To See Studio Theatre's Good 'n' Plenty!

Come see Studio Theatre's first show in Boll!

166
Alexa Rojas

Studio Theatre will put on the hilarious and poignant show "Good 'n' Plenty" March 29 and 30 in KU's Boll Theatre! If you attend the University of Dayton or live in the area, you needto see this show- especially since tickets are free and can be reserved here!

Studio Theatre is a student-run organization at UD. The students perform, run tech, direct and sometimes even write their own content. These talented students have taken on a full-length show called "Good 'n' Plenty." This show details the misadventures of a high school social sciences teacher in the 70s, who wants to teach his students about the criminal justice system via an interesting simulation involving Good 'n' Plenties. These little candies represent pills. The students are assigned as pushers, attorneys, narks, and more. It seems like a good idea until...

You'll have to come to the show to see the rest! It'll have you laughing, while also providing clever insights about our society. The 70s themed soundtrack and costumes are a major bonus! Still not convinced? Let's let the students change your mind. Here are their perspectives and highlights of the show!

Rachel, the show's director, has put immense time and effort into making this show successful. She says, "One of the great things about Good 'N' Plenty is that it has given Studio Theatre a chance to do something a little bigger than we typically do. The cast has all shown such a commitment to learning and developing their characters. Every rehearsal I'm excited to see what each actor is adding to their role. As a director, I'm seeing just how big of a change we made from the first rehearsal to where we are now, getting ready to perform! I can't wait to have an audience that gets to see how hard we have been working on this show, there is so much humor and heart that comes alive on stage. I am so proud of everyone that has been a part of 'Good 'N' Plenty,' they bring this production to life."

Maciej thinks you should check out the show because "'Good 'n' Plenty' is a tremendous show filled with hilarious characters whose lines will make you laugh out loud!"

Ben thinks that you should spend your Saturday night at the show for the "constant weird and wacky antics!" When Ben, a singular actor, plays a set of twins who constantly bicker and love to "arrest" their classmates in the simulation, things get pretty wacky!

Max, who plays a special ed teacher turned principal, wants you to come to see "Good 'n' Plenty" because: "'Good 'n' Plenty' is a hilarious look into everything we hate about politics and high school all rolled into one."

Sarah, the costume designer, wants you to come for all of the sweet 70's costumes! It's a great throwback.

Cameron says: "The show is full of amazingly interesting and absolutely insane characters that will have the audience laughing the entire time, with a plot to keep them on the edge of their seats the entire time!" He plays a strange character named Albert who has a penchant for playing with paper. His over-the-top, hilarious portrayal of the character has sparked other actors to reference him specifically when asked about the show...

Jason, who plays the class valedictorian with a 3.99 GPA, implores you: "Help Albert Kundrat has spawned some sort of paper snake and has kidnapped me. Pay my ransom by attending the show." While Sam, the quirky English teacher, says: "'Good 'n' Plenty' is hilarious, and Albert Kundrat is a national treasure!"

Maddie, who plays a strange kid that has a serious glow-up, sums the whole thing up pretty well. She thinks you should check out G&P because: "Free admission, democracy, and "drugs"...what more could anyone ask for?"

Bonus item! While I cannot verify the veracity of this statement, Erick (a member of production team) swears: "Nancy the cashier from Marycrest will be there!"

If you want to figure out why everyone is so entranced with Albert Kundrat, if you want to learn about our society while cracking up, if you attend UD and want to support your insanely talented friends... COME SEE GOOD 'N' PLENTY!