Our Secret Weapon Is Forgiveness

Our Secret Weapon Is Forgiveness

Someone famous once said, "you just gotta let it be."

142
Our Secret Weapon Is Forgiveness
Nina Strehl

“When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, 'Let it be.'” A famous quote was written and sung by the one and only Paul McCartney from the Beatles. The moral of the song is to literally… let it go. But what is it that we are letting go of anyways?

Maybe it was when your boyfriend said he could make time to see you on Friday night, but instead, he chose to go out with his friends. Maybe it was your Dad after he completely forgot about your birthday. Each story is different but has the same conclusion.

Sometimes you just gotta let it be

Just let it be. Sometimes in life, we hold onto the negative actions or emotions that our loved ones either intentionally or unintentionally exude onto us. This is when it is our chance to practice forgiveness. It’s easy to practice revenge and hold grudges, but it is extremely difficult to be the bigger person and just forgive, forget, and move on.

Forgiveness isn’t an instant gratification mechanism that was installed into our subconscious. It actually acts as the opposite. We initially are faced with an unpleasant situation and have two choices to make.

Should I forgive? Or should I be angry and hold strong? It never an easy decision to make, but it’s always a decision that you can make within yourself. If we never forget one another than we just continue to live the same cycle. The cycle of hate or evil as seen in movies…one death leads to another death…and then three more. The desperate revenge story only to conclude in more killing and the same feeling of emptiness.

The truth of our secret weapon shines

This is why forgiveness is our most impactful secret weapon. It allows us to get past all the negative that gets thrown our way. If you can take the stab and mentally remove it from your train of thought, it's literally like a missed blow. No matter what the scenario may be. One day you were walking down the street and someone broke your leg due to a total accident.

This could lead you to the most intense legal battle with a personal injury lawyer. But still, during the legal struggle, take the time to find the goodness to forgive the defendant for breaking your legs. By allowing ourselves to let go, it only helps us fin our peace in the end.

If you would rather wear the heaviness of grief on your shoulders do not forgive. Allowing the stresses and emotions to take hold and transform your personality into something you probably really are not. You will begin to yell at people for no real reason, almost like someone who is quitting cigarettes without even having a nicotine addiction.

Like Paul McCartney said over and over again in his song. Let it be!