Goals for the second half of the semester

20 Goals For The Second Half Of The Semester

New year, same you but lets work on being better!

143
Alysha Fauci

Everyone goes into the first semester convinced that they will be a perfect student.. that mindset typically dwindles by week five. Let make real changes this semester! Here are 20 Goals to accomplish this semester to be that perfect student you always imagined:

1. Stop procrastinating.

We all say this every year but this time it's happening! No more waiting last second to do assignments or ignoring my responsibilities

2. Get eight hours of sleep.

I'm not talking about naps. Get eight full hours of sleep every night and your body will thank you

3. Spend more time in the library.

Most people spend hours in the library the first couple of weeks every semester. Around finals time, these visits are going to become more regular.

4. Workout more

If you made a pro and con list of working out more there are very few, if any, cons to working out. You will feel healthier, productive, confident, etc. which is why daily activity is a must (even if its just a walk).

5. Snack less

At my fellow stress eaters: college is stressful and provides many situations to cause people to want to snack. Let's stand together and we can all help each other snack less as we approach this stressful time. If you are the type of person who stops eating when you are stress... please take the time to eat and prioritize yourself!

6. Save money, reduce Starbucks intake

I know many people are addicted to coffee but the truth is it's actually recommended to drink water NOT coffee after pulling an all-nighter. Also, water is free so it's really a win-win situation.

7. Get straight A’s

The whole point of college is to get a good education, make sure thats the main focus and aim high. If you fall short at least you can say you tried your hardest (because most people don't get A's in every course they take over the 4 years in college and thats okay as long as you learned)

8. Make Dean's List

Education is the priority so it only makes sense to have multiple goals to motivate you to work harder in class and get a higher GPA.

9. Have a spotless room

Chances are you have a roommate and they are probably are stressed enough as it is, they don't need your mess to make it worse. Keep your room clean.

10. Don't wait until the last possible moment to do your laundry

This goes hand-in-hand with having a clean room: keep your laundry clean. Try to wash your clothes weekly so it doesn't get overwhelming.

11. Don't waste money

If can't get it for free and you don't NEED it then think twice before you waste your money on it.

12. Make more friends

I love my friends but the more the merrier! Be open to new friendships even if you already have an established group.

13. Make memories

Say yes to new adventures, put yourself out there, and have the time of your life. College only happens once.

14. Eat more veggies

The only con of eating your veggies is probably that you will consume less pizza... which is probably actually a pro. Be healthy eater leading into this next half of the semester, I have faith in you.

15. Wear leggings less often

Dress for success because of its actually proven to make you do better in school (or a job, or whatever you are working towards). You don't have to go all out but fewer leggings and t-shirts is a start.

16. Go to the career development office

Most colleges offer something like this. Go polish up your resume, work on your elevator pitch, and become a more put together individual; it will help you in the long run.

17. Use professors office hours!

Professors intimidate me so I am guilty of avoiding office hours my freshman year. If you have questions its important to ASK! You are paying for these professors help, use it.

18. Attend more school events

Alysha Fauci

Go to the sporting events, free activities, and other opportunities your school has to offer. If its boring you can leave but if it's not you will have some fun opportunities to meet new people and make more memories.

19. Volunteer more

Giving back to your community is always a good idea and honestly, its pretty fun. It's not too late to join clubs or participate in service opportunities on and off your campus. Even if you hate it, at least its a resume builder.

20. Lose the FOMO (fear of missing out)

Stop ignoring your responsibilities and doing things you don't want to do because you don't want to miss out on things. I lost so much sleep and time I could have spent studying because I didn't want to miss out on any bonding. There are plenty of opportunities to make memories, you don't need to go to bed at 2am every night because you friends want to go get to McDonalds (or Sheetz for my PA people) at midnight.