Enjoy The Seasons Of Life

Enjoy The Seasons Of Life

From every ending comes a new beginning.

78
Enjoy The Seasons Of Life
Amira Totah

As time goes by I sometimes catch myself thinking about the different stages, or seasons, of life I've been through. You know that feeling you get in your chest when a memory just flushes into your head? That moment you walk past a certain building or get a whiff of a certain smell and it all just hits you, how good things used to be.

It's sad to think about it but it's true when people tell you to live in the moment because you will never be able to get it back. Our seasons of life are made up of every small moment, everyone you've surrounded yourself with and all the experiences that made you who you were in that time and ultimately, who you are today.

There are times we wish would go by faster because it seems to be dragging on and you want something more for yourself, but looking back you wish you had more time. You wish you could tell yourself to slow down and live that season to its fullest potential.

Our seasons consist of different friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, hobbies, schools, careers and emotions. This is how we remember each season and who we were. We remember certain people, places and things and all of a sudden we're right back in that moment. Thinking about how you wish you did something differently or how you wish you could tell yourself to slow down and appreciate life.

But you can't go back in time, you can't change the past. You can only live in the now. Be present.

Life is about going through phases and seasons. Life is about experiencing new things and watching the door close on other things. It's okay to reminisce on good moments in your life and it's okay to miss certain seasons but if that's all you focus on then you are not enjoying the current season you're in.

From the wise words of Andy Bernard (The Office),

"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them."

This is something I think we should all strive for. I think we should try to realize how important it is to live in the here and now. We should be more aware of what is going on in the season we're in, instead of living in the past or worrying too much about the future.

Whatever season of life you're in right now, I encourage you to slow down and enjoy it. You will never get this moment back.