How I Found My Forever Friends In College
Education

The Search Is Over, I've Finally Found My College Best Friends

Some friends aren't forever, but these ones are!

126
friends holding on to each other and laughing

I am not one to sugar-coat the truth, especially when it comes to my college experience. I have had many ups and downs when it comes to college. From not liking my first college to roommate struggles, and not having those college best friends right off the bat. As I watched all my friends from home love their schools right from the start, I didn't know why I wasn't having the same experience. Don't get me wrong, I did meet great people at my first school, but because I didn't care for the school I ended up leaving.

Those relationships didn't end up lasting once I left the school. My sophomore year, I transferred to the University of Rhode Island and felt like I was finally getting that college experience that all my home friends were having. I jumped into everything and got involved, meaning that I joined a sorority and automatically got 100+ sisters. Not to mention my roommate was also a transfer so we were in the same boat in a sense. Plus, a bonus was that we ended up in the same sorority. Having all of that made me feel like I was making progress.

But there was still something missing from the whole equation: I still didn't have those people that I could be 100% myself with. The people that I could be extremely goofy, weird, and just me. Now I am one month into my junior year at URI and I have finally found those people that I can call "my people," the ones that I will go to for everything, eat all or most of my meals with, and in just one short year be taking graduation photos with... I met one of my best friends last year during recruitment and we have been best friends ever since.

Our other friend I was only introduced to a few weeks ago but already we hit it off and clicked from the start. By making these connections and friendships I have started to love my school even more than I did last year. It may take a little longer for me to have found these amazing people but the search was totally worth it and I couldn't be happier. A little thank you to the gals that let me feel like I can be myself and not have a need to put up any form of filter or front when we are together!