Search Your Own Soul First

Search Your Own Soul First

Love is whatever you want it to be.

87
Search Your Own Soul First

"The Buddhists say if you meet somebody and your heart pounds, your hands shake, your knees go weak, that's not the one. When you meet your 'soul mate' you'll feel calm. No anxiety. No agitation." - Monica Drake.

I was doing some summer reading and I found myself lost in this idea of what love should be, but who gets to make that call? Who gets to tell you what love looks like? YOU. You get to make that decision. No one else knows what love looks like to you. Love could be a cup of coffee as you watch the sunrise. Love could be waking up in the morning, grateful for another day.

This love life of yours is decided by no one else except for you. Do you believe what the Buddhists say? That you should not feel overwhelmed and anxious when you meet that "somebody?" What happens to the butterflies in the pit of your stomach? Or feeling like gymnasts are doing backflips in your belly almost forcing you to move forward? Do those excited yet scared straight butterflies not exist anymore?

I think they exist for the believers in the Buddhists words of wisdom and guidance. Maybe just maybe you still have those butterflies when you meet "the one." What if the butterflies were all there in the pit of your belly, but instead of swarming the soft edges of your stomach, they were in metamorphosis? Cocooned in rebirth. Ready to grow with you during this magical process of love.

So maybe the Buddhists are correct. That we won't feel anxious when we meet the one. That the serenity will wash over us like afternoon rain. All of the parts that make us come to a pause. Yesterday's worries get left in yesterday, tomorrow's challenges stay in tomorrow, and all that matters is right now. That moment when two people exchange smiles is all that your mind and body are allowing you to feel right now. You are in the present, truly living in the present and that is where to fear nothing. Where we hush the background noise and live in this magnificent state of mind.

It is difficult for humans to live in the present, we are always worried about what comes next. I think that is what the Buddhists are trying to convey. That when you meet "the one" nothing else will matter at that moment and that lack of worry is dangerously peaceful. Your mind and body become one. You become invincible.

You are the butterflies in your belly, you choose how you nurture their metamorphic journey. Nurture your cocoons, you have no idea what beauty is growing inside.

It is under your complete control if you choose to believe in the Buddhists wisdom of love. This is your journey of enlightenment. You will know when you have found love. We can find love anywhere. You might find it at the beach, or in a book, maybe even right in front of you. That all starts with taking the time out of your day to sit and write down what love means to you. This helps make the love saga a little less intimidating. Knowing what is you want is the key to manifesting your strongest desires. If you can define what love means to you and how it makes you feel when you find that someone you will feel that state of serene. That sense of being as you begin your meaning of love in the energy of that special someone.

Do I believe in what the Buddhists say about love? That "when you meet your 'soul mate' you'll feel calm. No anxiety. No agitation." I believe that you just simply know. All of the fear fades away for that moment and all you can see is the light in this person. You see the same energy, you put into the world, in another person. That is an exceptional feeling when you see the world the same. An opportunity for your butterflies to unravel from their cocoons and fly with you. A chance for growth.