Sean Spicer, the former White House Press Secretary, had a rather rough run in his speaking position. To be fair, he had to speak on behalf of one of the most controversial, back-and-forth presidents - but he's very much to blame for a majority of the terribly stupid things he's said. Here are some of his best (worst) quotes as Press Secretary.
1. On the low inauguration attendance: "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period."
It was not. Not even close.
2. On Trump's consistent connections to Russia: "If the President put Russian salad dressing on his salad tonight, somehow that's a Russia connection."
Only if he lied about it before admitting to it.
3. When he falsely stated Hitler didn't use chemical weapons: "You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler, who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
Hitler gassed millions of people.
4. On "covfefe": "The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."
Well, congratulations to them.
5. On the Muslim ban: "He’s doing exactly what the told the American people he would do."
A politician who follows through on his promises! Oh wait - promises to do awful, discriminatory things.
6. On the State Department memo against the travel ban: "These career bureaucrats have a problem with it? I think they should either get with the program or go."
Yeah, they should jump on board with the career television star-turned politician who proposed something horrible.
7. On why the 7 countries were chosen for the travel ban: "If you have other countries, please let us know."
Saudi Arabia? Either way, we could not group entire countries of people into terror groups.
8. On falsehoods he relayed, later called "alternative facts" by Kellyanne Conway: "Yes, I believe we have to be honest with the American people... I think sometimes we can disagree with the facts... our intention is never to lie to you."
Being honest with the American people should be a FACT - not something you have to believe. Don't disagree on facts; facts are facts. Good intentions do not matter if you still lie.
9. Opening a press conference with a self-deprecating joke: "By the way, just as I get started, I know that [Obama Press Secretary] Josh Earnest was voted the most popular press secretary by the press corps so after reading, checking my twitter feed, I shot Josh an email letting him know that he can rest easy, his title is secure for at least the next few days."
I'll give him this one. Not many reporters laughed, but I did.
10. On Trump's diplomatic style: "The President's diplomacy style is paying dividends, the relationships and the foundation that the President is building are going to pay huge dividends for this country... This President's style is one to develop a personal bond with individuals."
Feed Trump's ego and you'll get on his good side!