Warner Brothers

Warner Brothers and DCEU Made a Big splash at 2018 International Comic-Con

Find out what's coming soon from the DC Extended Universe

44

If you're a big fan of anything science fiction you know what comes around this time every year. That's right! San Diego Comic Con (also known as International Comic-Con) was recently upon us and the amount of exciting content released this year was incredible. But before I get into all the action that went down last weekend I'll give a brief explanation of what Comic-Con is for those who don't know.

San Diego Comic Con It's a massive event where super fans gather from all around the world to see new content from their favorite shows, movies, and books in a convention center for four days in July. People show up in all kinds of cosplay/costumes representing their favorite characters to meet actors that portray them in movies and shows, writers that bring them to life on paper, and other fans in the Syfy community.

There are a ton of panels around the convention center for TV shows and movies where the actors and directors talk about what to expect from their upcoming work and get the opportunity to interact with those in attendance. Another huge hit at Comic-Con is the cosplay contest where one lucky fan gets crowned the king or queen of cosplay.

Now that You're caught up on what this giant nerd convention is, I'll get down to all of the noteworthy content form this year

One of the most anticipated panels of this year was the Warners Brothers DC Extended Universe panels that took place in Hall H. If you know about Comic-Con you know about the magic that happens in that hall. These panels included presentations for their next three movies Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman 1984.

The Aquaman panel featured Jason Momoa who plays the titular character Arthur Curry AKA Aquaman along with his co-stars Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and director James Wan. The cast spent time talking about the movie and their experiences working together. They even rewarded the fans with the first official trailer for Aquaman which will be released in theaters December 21.

The Shazam! panel was easily my favorite from the whole convention but it's probably because he's my favorite superhero. With Shazam not being the most popular character in comics a lot of people don't know who he is. Luckily, like the cast of Aquaman, Zachary Levi brought along the first trailer for Shazam! and it does a great job of giving the rundown of who this mystical superhero is.

The panel featured Zachary Levi who plays Shazam, 2 other cast members and the director David Sandberg. Shazam! which hits theaters April 2019.

The last panel for a DCEU movie was for Wonder Woman 1984. Of course, the panel featured Wonder Woman herself Gal Gadot and she sat alongside Chris Pine and director Patty Jenkins. Unlike the rest of the DCEU movies, Wonder Woman takes place before all of the current events starting with Man of Steel; the movie that started the franchise.

The first Wonder Woman movie took place during WWI and the sequel will follow the same trend and take place in 1984. Unfortunately, the footage shown at Comic-Con was not released to the public yet and most likely won't be until 2019. You can see Wonder Woman 1984 in theaters November 2019.

Warner Brothers were on a roll this weekend so they kept the ball rolling. They made an announcement for another new movie called Joker which hasn't begun filming yet. Although they did reveal that Joaquin Phoenix will be starring as the clown prince of crime in this origin story for one of the most iconic villains of all time. Joker will arrive in theaters October 4, 2019.

Going into Comic-Con, if you were excited for all the new content from WB and the DCEU you definitely weren't disappointed with this year's panels at San Diego Comic Con. Hopefully by next year we'll have trailers for Wonder Woman and Joker and maybe even their lineup for more future movies. But for now, there are two amazing trailers out for public viewing to get you excited for what's next in the DC extended Universe.