10 Scriptures For When You're Scared

10 Scriptures For When You're Scared

In this world it's easy to feel afraid, so look for towards the truth.

247
10 Scriptures For When You're Scared
Julie Myers

Scripture is a powerful tool for fighting against the evils of this world that overcome us. It offers nothing but truth, wisdom, and knowledge in countless situations. The advice it gives is timeless. Regardless of the situation, there will be a verse to offer help. A problem that many of us face is fear in various situations, but no matter the version, the verse rings true. Here are a few verses to read and remind yourself of when you're feeling afraid.

1. Deuteronomy 31:8

"He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

You are not going to be alone when you face trials or adversity. Do not fear, because the creator of the universe is on your side and is fighting for you.

2. Isaiah 43:1

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine."

Again, the Lord tells you not to fear. You are saved by Him and you are untouchable as His child. You are His child no matter the circumstances, and He will love you unconditionally. Even in the midst of your struggles, He is right by your side loving you and protecting you all the way through.

3. Psalm 18:2

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer."

He will offer you a shoulder to cry on in the dark times. He will offer you protection from anything that has set out to harm you. He will deliver you from plagues and fear and any troubles or anxieties on your mind.

4. John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

There are some things that are out of your control, so it is best not to let it get the best of you. Don't let a poor situation control you and continue to mull over it for days. He will give you perfect peace and still your anxieties. People in this life might let you down or leave when they promised they wouldn't, but He never breaks a promise. He will not give you pain like the world seems to be giving. He will give you love, peace, and much more than you could ever imagine.

5. Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

A lot of fear comes from worrying about the unknown or worrying that the worst case scenario is the one that is going to occur. Don't worry about what could happen today or tomorrow. Don't even worry about what has happened before. Be in the present. Do not let fear and unreasonable worries control you.

6. Psalm 23:4

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

It's easy to fear the dark. You can't see what it contains, and you worry about the possibilities of what it could contain. However, the Lord tells us that we can be comforted by His presence as He guides us through the dark. He knows exactly where to go, unlike us, and will not lead us astray. He can see where we're going even when we can't.

7. Psalm 94:19

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."

Seek Him for consolation regarding your troubles. He will undoubtedly help you through them and ease all of your anxieties.

8. Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?"

If the creator of the universe is for you, then who could ever stop you? No one can stop you. No one can harm you. You shouldn't fear.

9. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future."

You are clothed in strength and dignity, and with these traits, you are unafraid of anything that could come your way.

10. Psalm 56:3-4

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise -- in God I trust and I am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

When God is on your side and you put your full trust in Him and His plan, there is nothing that can bring you down. There is nothing that you need to fear because God is in control of all. There is not a human opinion that matters, nor anything that any person can do to even come close to touching you.

Remind yourself of these verses each time you're feeling afraid. If they mean something else to you or speak to you in a new way, embrace it. Memorize your favorite one to remind yourself when you don't have a Bible with you. Pray about these verses. Remember -- the future is bright, there is so much joy to be had, and there is nothing to fear.