How To Screen A Potential Creator

How To Screen A Potential Creator

Your go-to guide for bringing Creators onto your team.
101

Part 1: Start the screening process

At the beginning of the call, introduce Odyssey’s mission for democratizing content creation and what our vision is for our platform.

Tell them Odyssey is one of the fastest growing social properties in the world, and our thousands of Creators are a diverse array of millennial influencers and respected leaders across the U.S. They are writers, photographers and videographers who believe they have stories worth telling that aren’t otherwise being told by traditional media. They hold various leadership positions in their communities and have social followings that they bring to our platform to drive conversations.

Describe what an Odyssey community looks like:

In an Odyssey community, content Creators contribute at least one piece of content per week by a deadline— typically Fridays. After a piece is submitted, the local Editor-in-Chief of the community edits it, followed by a Managing Editor in Odyssey’s New York City headquarters edits the content and posts it on our site on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Part 2: Ask Culture Questions

1. What do you think an Odyssey Creator looks like? What are some qualities a Creator should have?
  2. If you were to talk about our platform online, how would you describe Odyssey?
  3. As a member of an Odyssey community in your area, what types of stories would you want to share on our platform?
  4. What questions do you have for me?

* If the Creator is interested in video content, ask these additional questions:

1. Have you produced video in the past? If so, how and where?
  2. What type of video content would you be interested in creating?
  3. Are you interested in the Video Producer position? Would you like to hear more about it?

Part 3: Onboarding

After the call, determine if there is a fit. If approved, accept their invite in the system. New Creators will receive an automated welcome email with a link to complete their account. Make sure you follow up with the Creator to ensure he/she has done this!