5 Reasons Why You Need To Own A Scooter At UF

5 Reasons Why You Need To Own A Scooter On The University Of Florida's Campus

Seriously don't buy a bike unless you want to be the most annoying person ever.

1274
Francesca Romano

Scooters—the perfect combination of a car and a bike, but much better. Some of us love to love them and others love to hate them. Whatever side you fall on, you cannot deny that having a scooter is one of the best decisions you'll make at your time at UF. Just remember that no matter where you're scooting, or how many people you're scooting, always wear a helmet.

1. Parking Is Easier

New Scooters 4 Less on Medium

Let's be honest parking anyway on UF's overcrowded campus is a nightmare, so why don't you make a little easier on yourself and get a scooter. There are more parking spots and you get closer to the center of campus than any car can. Heading over to Library West has never been easier!

2. They're Easy To Ride

Francesca Romano

Seriously, if I, one of the clumsiest people to ever exist, can ride a scooter so can you. Just takes some practice. I recommend doing some laps in a parking lot before taking it to the streets of Gainesville because we all know how Florida drivers are.

3. Everyone Looks Good On A Scooter

Photo by Gillian Sweeney on The Independent Florida Alligator

I mean look at these guys and tell me they all don't look awesome on their scooters. No matter what brand or what color, riding a scooter means you're riding in style. Plus everyone will want to hop on and come to campus with you, so you'll never be alone!

4. Skateboarders And Bikers Are Actually The Worst

GIFER

Sure President Fuchs makes skateboarding look awesome, but we all can't be that cool. Skateboarders have a tendency to pretend like they're almost going to hit you and then swerve out the way last minute. It's even worse when there's a gang of them and you have dive off the sidewalk to avoid a collision. Bikers are just as annoying for all the same reasons, except they clog up the road and sidewalks. I can't tell you how many times a biker has almost clipped me because they think the sidewalk and street belong to them.

5. They're Less Expensive Than A Car

Photo by Lauren Bacho on The Gainesville Sun

Sure new scooters aren't cheap but they're such a beloved mode of transportation that graduating seniors are selling them for cheap all the time. Even if you can't find someone selling them on Facebook, New Scooters 4 Less (NS4L) has great deals as well. Maybe you'll even get lucky and win one through a Smokin' Notes giveaway.