The End Of The School Year: As Told By Nick Miller

Nick Miller, Nick Miller: Illest of the ill.

113
Joelle Marino

It’s that time of year again. You’ve been working hard for so many months, you’re exhausted, and all you want to do is watch 13 Reasons Why, like the rest of the world. Whether you’re a freshman, or a graduating senior, you’ve all been at this point, and regardless of if you are counting down the days or studying like crazy, Nick Miller from “New Girl” knows exactly how you feel.

1. Realizing all the work you still have to do.

Remember all those little assignments you've been "pushing off" till "next weekend" for the last five weeks?

2. Procrastination.

And since you've been ignoring everything for so long, what's a couple more hours... or days...

3. When someone asks why you're not rooming with your roommates again.

Yeah, living with your best friend probably didn't work out so now you're completely and utterly sick of them. Amateur hour.

4. Realizing your year-long fling is sadly going nowhere.

The struggle is so real with this one. But hey, at least you get four peaceful months of not having to see their awful face. I mean, unless you decide to stack them on Instagram which I know absolutely nothing about.

5. Realizing you have five dollars to your name.

So it turns out going to Taco Bell after every night out takes a tole on your bank account, who knew?

6. When someone says they're going to miss school.

We've all met this person, and they were probably home-schooled at one point in time.

7. When professors tell the class how much they will miss you.

Please let us show up and leave. Better yet, don't make us show up at all! Eh, wishful thinking.

8. Final words to your professor.

Whether he's a know it all or she's a tough grader, it feels pretty empowering to tell them how much you hated their class, even if it's only on ratemyprofessor.com.

9. Hearing that you have one last assignment.

Please, don't be this professor. There's always one a semester and they make your life a living hell.

10. Thoughts after final assignments are turned in.

Oh yes, the post school parties. Good times, good times.

11. When someone asks you to help them move out.

I will not help you in your dorm, I will not help you when it's warm, I will not help you with a single box, even to transport your favorite plush fox, I will not help you here or there, I will not help you anywhere.

12. The last time your squad hangs out.

Finally finding your people is the greatest feeling ever, however, knowing it is your last time to spend quality time with one another feels like a punch to the gut.

13. Saying goodbyes.

Yeah, it sucks to say goodbye. Everyone is crying, making promises they don't intend to keep, meanwhile you're trying to find the quickest and least painful way out.

Although the end of the year can be full of amazing memories, the majority of it is just plain stressful. So share this with a friend if only just to procrastinate a little more.