School Theme Horror Thriller Movies

20 School Themed Horror Movies To Put The Terrors Of School Behind You

And you thought your school year was rough.

147
alpharetta, georgia, horror, movies, horror movies, terror, school, high school,  middle school, elementary school, scary, terrifying, scream, scream 3, detention of the dead, detention, school year, summer, summer break, break, netflix, hulu, 90s, 90s movies, heathers, all cheerleaders must die, sorority, sorority row. rush, rushing, sororities, books, stephen king, carrie, rage, fire, reading, read, book adaptations, adaptations, gore, blood, nuke 'em high, oldies, classics, halloween
https://imgur.com/gallery/5OW9Uwo

Now that the horrors of school are behind us for the summer, you can enjoy these school-related thrillers and slashers. This list is a compilation of horror, slashers and/or thrillers that have a school as their setting, focus or plays some role in the overall plot. The list does not include camp movies. These will help you remember that no matter how bad your school years was, at least it wasn't like these movies.

1. Graduation Day

2. Final Destination 3

All of the final destination movies are great to watch, but the third installment begins at the end of the main character's senior year. Warning: This movie, and others in the series, might make you paranoid.

3. Detention

I was never a troublemaker, but I'm pretty sure detention is nothing like the gruesome antics that take place in Detention. If you're still on the fence about watching it, Dane Cook and Josh Hutcherson are in the movie, so what could be bad about it?

4. Most Likely To Die

As kind of a B-rate slasher, Most Likely To Die is the perfect movie to watch with some friend's this summer break.

5. House On Sorority Row (1963)

A sorority is more than a sisterhood in House on Sorority Row. When a graduation party get deadly the sorority sticks together or dies trying.

6. Sorority Row

While a remake of the aforementioned, Sorority Row takes a new look at the 1963 film with modern twists.

7. Final Exam

8. Jennifer's Body

I first heard of Jennifer's Body through the Panic At The Disco's New Perspective music video. While not exclusively about school all of the plot's events lead up to the character's prom.

9. Heathers

I often list this as my favorite romance movie, but it can easily fall into the horror genre as well. Revenge takes a whole new name in Heathers, as a student sheds their popular reputation.

10. Carrie

Speaking of revenge, Carrie takes it to another level. Based on the Stephen King Novel of the same name, it focuses on Carrie White who is bullied at school. While this movie has been remade twice over the years, I recommend the 2002 remake.

11. Rage

Also based on a Stephen King Novel, Rage is the sequel to Carrie.

12. Prom Night Series

A classic, Prom NIght is a must see slasher centered around, you guessed it, prom! Both the original and the remake are about the same, so watching either one works.

13. Scream 2

Another movie apart of a series is Scream 2, which is set on a college campus. It is a classic in its own right, and I recommend the other films in the series.

14. Detention Of The Dead

15. Class of Nuke 'Em High Series

Class of Nuke 'Em High is the typical 80's slasher/comedy and gives you exactly what you expect. If you're like me and don't like the raunchier movies I don't recommend this series.

16. Cutting Class

17. The Final

18. Friend Request

With a college campus as a setting and the overall plot focuses on bullying Friend Request makes the list. To be honest, It's not the best movies, but it's still a great one to watch with friends because of the jump scares.

19. Smiley

When I first heard about Shane Dawson being in a horror movie I thought it would be corny, but Smiley is a terrifying movie with a twist.

20. All Cheerleaders Die

This one might be a little bit of a stretch, but a lot of the setting does take place at school.