10 Things That Happen When You're Obsessed With School Supplies

Who says going back to school can't be fun?

557
school supplies

The school year is closely approaching, which means that it's the time of year that is better than Christmas for some people. I am one of those people. I am obsessed with back to school season! I love getting all the new pens and pencils and stocking up for the new school year. If you're like me, these are things that happen when you're obsessed with office supplies.

1. You stalk the newspaper for school supply coupons.

This is so me! Back to school season is probably the only time of the year that I actually pay attention to what coupons are available that week. I have my own little hoard ready to go the next time I go to Target.

2. You have your own personal collection of writing utensils that you don't touch.

I might be a special case, but I hate opening my brand new supplies just because I don't ever want them to be completely used up. I love how they look all shiny and new in their packages, that way they don't get ruined and they just look brand new. It's counterproductive, I know.

3. There's no such thing as too many supplies.

This picture doesn't do the situation justice, but I don't believe there's such thing as having too many school supplies. You will always need a good pencil or scissors, and why not be prepared for the tragedy of running out completely? There's no such thing that's more satisfying than having your own personal stash of school supplies, in my opinion.

4. You get a new notebook every year, even when you may not need one.

There is absolutely nothing like the first page of a brand new notebook. The texture is smooth, and it physically hurts when you have to go and write all over it for class. Also, at least for me, even if my notebook has like 20 pages left, if I'm starting a new class or something, I have to get the new notebook to go along with it.

5. Erin Condren is your go-to paper item guru.

If you've never heard of Erin Condren, go click this link right now! Erin Condren has the cutest supplies out there. She has everything you could need: pencils, planners, pens and so much more! Some of her stuff can be a little pricey, but it's worth it. Check out her life planners! They're super cute, and there's a million ways to customize them! Plus, there's tons of different fun things you can add to your planner experience!

6. Choosing a planner for the next year is a huge process.

OMG! Can we talk about this for a second? Literally, this is probably the most difficult thing ever when it comes to back-to-school shopping. There are so many planners to choose from, and each offers their own unique things about it. I was in Marshall's one day with my sister, and it took me a good 10-15 minutes to decide on which planner I wanted, and I had to ask her about 16 times which one she thought was better, just because I was so indecisive.

7. You take at least 20 minutes in the office supply section in any store, just looking at all the things.

Literally, the office supply aisle is my happy place. I could look for hours at all of the different types of pens and pencils, and then spend another hour deciding what items I actually need and which ones I just want. It relaxes me, and I just love everything about it.

8. You spend too much money on supplies.

Now, this isn't a copy of my actual receipt, but the point is the same. Because I could just buy everything in the office supply aisles, I end up spending so much money on stuff I probably don't need, but I can't help myself. Just the other day I went to Target, and the amount of money I spent... my gosh, it's terrifying. It's okay, though, I had my coupons!

9. The only reason you would consider being a teacher is because of the school supplies/having a desk to put them on.

No, I am not a teacher, nor do I want to be one, but I did consider it once upon a time. I think it would be super amazing to have all of these school supplies at my disposal, but I think my heart would break every time the students decided not to take care of them. I can dream, though, can't I?

10. You learn to love school.

I don't know about you, but I know that my love of school supplies and my love for school go hand in hand. I get excited to go back to school because that means I can buy a whole bunch of new things. When I go to Target and buy a whole bunch of new school supplies, I get even more excited to start school. Now, with how cool they're starting to make some things, it makes what is usually the worst part about your day the best part. I love school supplies, and I'm super excited to get back into the grind and open that brand new notebook I probably didn't need.