Hunger In America's School System

Hunger In America's School System

The world has rejected and abused us with the money for schools and jobs

16
Hunger In America's School System
pexel.com

In my history class we did not have enough books to go around so we had to share a book and a iPad. It was kinda harder learn because you might have had to just listen instead of actually seeing the page and understanding it. Some of the books were even torn or written on where you couldn't see the pages. The quality of my education was at stake because of the resources that we had. Poverty negatively affects students' education.

Poor families can’t afford school supplies. Because school supply costs are very high, how can parents afford it if they don't get paid enough to even to buy a backpack, pencils and paper? Sometimes it even costs to go to school; there are programs where they will send your child to school for free and provide $3,000 for school supplies and activity fees. Just for high school, students' supplies cost around $1402.

I remember one time I had to get my school supplies from a backpack drive because my mom and dad could not afford to get me some of the things that I needed for school. This made me feel good to know that there is some people who care. Inside the backpack was paper, pencils and a pencil case.

Poor urban schools don’t have enough funding, which negatively affects students. Low-income schools are having classes cut because there is no money. Donald Trump wants to cut ObamaCare, but little does he know there are people who need it. Some people can't afford health insurance, and food stamps are being cut. Mothers and fathers need it because they can't feed their child off their paychecks. What they get is not enough; I understand minimum wage has gone up over the years but not high enough where folks can buy a house instead of an apartment or afford new school clothes for their kid or new shoes.

Also schools who have no funding can't feed their students, and they need food to learn and focus. This relates to education because ObamaCare is used for healthcare, and kids and adults need that, especially kids because what if they get hurt and their parents can't afford it. Kids also need food stamps, too, because some parents don't make enough to make ends meet to put food on the table.

People who can afford the things that they need should donate some stuff to the people who are less fortunate and who need it the most. It's all about caring for others and making donations for people who are less fortunate around the world.