Dress codes don't apply to guys.
Life Stages

School Dress Codes Are Aimed At Young Women, It's Time Administrators Caught Up With The Times

Because, you know, if your strap isn't at least 2 3/4 inch wide then you need to go home and not get your education that day.

1517
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgxePg5nc-n/?explore=true
Instagram

Dress codes. Everyone had one in high school whether it was telling you that you couldn't wear certain things or that you had to wear a uniform. But sometimes dress codes are hard to follow. Like when it's 90+ degrees outside and you can't walk into school without pouring sweat because you have to wear jeans to school every day because shorts are basically forbidden for women. Even in P.E. when you got outside to run the mile or whatever you still have to have long shorts. Jeans are also getting harder and harder to find without holes (which aren't allowed) in them.

For girls, finding shorts that are cute but within dress code is super hard. They can only be 3 inches above the knee with no holes allowed. The only shorts that meet this requirement are Bermuda shorts and you can literally find these nowhere and they are not cute. Like I think the last time I wore these I was like 10. Yeah, not for high school.

However, I'm sure you have heard of the brand Chubbies. Well, basically 75% of boys in my high school wore these every day and believe me when I say they are way more than 3 inches above the knee. But literally, none of the boys were ever sent home or to ISS for these shorts. They say girls can't wear shorts this short because it's distracting to the guys in the school.

But let me tell you what is really distracting: Pasty, white boy legs.

I mean really the shorts are short that they show the part of guys legs that have never seen sun ever before and it's honestly scary how white it is.

Moving on to tops through the straps have to be a certain width or you get sent home. Because you know if your strap isn't at least 2 3/4 inch wide then you need to go home and not get your education that day. I would love to know why my shoulder is distracting to people. Like I mean I've never heard a guy tell a girl that her shoulder was nice. But again guys can wear cut off shirts and tank tops to school and not get sent home. I've never seen a guy get taken into the office to have their strap measured but plenty of girls are asked into the office and dress coded each day.

What is this telling girls? You have to dress a certain way or you are a distraction. You have to go home and change because the guy behind you in class is "distracted" by your shoulder or your leg. I mean honestly as long as your butt, boobs, or stomach isn't showing what does matter what you wear.