10 Scholarships for College Students

10 Scholarships You Can Still Apply For

Who doesn't need money for college?

89
10 Scholarships You Can Still Apply For

It may be summertime, but that doesn't mean you have to completely take time off. There are still ways you can prepare for the upcoming semester and put yourself in a strong position to hit the ground running.

One way to do so is to apply for scholarships. You may not be aware, but there are tons of private organizations that offer scholarships to college students -- they're just tougher to find, since they aren't offered by the university. In an effort to help you all out, I've rounded up 10 (plus one bonus!) scholarships that you can still apply to. Read on to learn about their deadlines, award amounts, and essay prompts. They're ordered based on deadline.

1. SimpleThriftyLiving.com A Step Ahead Scholarship

Deadline: Aug 9, 2019

Award: $1,500

Essay prompt: "Whether it's gaining internship experience in your desired field, opening up a savings account, or meeting with a financial aid counselor to discuss student loan repayment options, every little step counts. In 800 words or less, tell us how you are preparing for post-college life."

Learn more here.

2. Franchise Opportunities Scholarship for the Future Entrepreneur

Deadline: Aug 31, 2019

Award: $2,000

Essay prompt: "In 800 words or less, tell us about an entrepreneur or business founder that you admire and who has inspired you to become an entrepreneur. What about their story stands out to you as unique? What values that they carry do you hope to carry with you, as you develop in your career?"

Learn more here.

3. BusinessBroker.net Scholarship for the Business Leaders of Tomorrow

Deadline: Sept 30, 2019

Award: $2,000

Essay prompt: "One benefit of being a successful business leader is having the ability to support causes and organizations that are in need. If you found success as an entrepreneur, what cause would you want to positively impact, and what steps would you take to do so? Explain in 800 words or less."

Learn more here.

4. Insight Pest “What Bugs You” Scholarship 

Deadline: October 7, 2019

Award: $1,000

Essay prompt: "In 700 words or less describe a distraction or obstacle that has gotten in the way of your academic progress and what you did to overcome it."

Learn more here.

5. HomeLight Scholarship

Deadline: Nov 15, 2019

Award: $1,000

Essay prompt: "To apply, please submit a short piece of writing, that includes the following: Why are you interested in real estate? How will your career help more people find their dream home? What impact have you had on homes or homelessness in your community?"

Learn more here.

6. Newizze Computer Science Scholarship

Deadline: Dec 1, 2019

Award: $1000

Essay prompt: "Write a 2000-word article where you disclose a theme: 'Web Development Trends in 2020.'"

Learn more here.

7. Joybird Artful Aesthetic Scholarship

Deadline: Dec 1, 2019

Award: $1000

How to Enter: "Take a photo that represents your overall aesthetic (i.e. a space, an object, a scene, a selfie) and post it to Instagram, tagging @joybird and using the hashtag #joybirdscholarship2019. In the caption, tell us why the item or place featured in your photo is representative of your overall aesthetic. Finally, use the form below to submit an essay telling us how your overall aesthetic contributes to how you want to be seen in the world in 500 words or less."

Learn more here.

8. Mulberrys Scholarship for Aspiring Entrepreneurs

Deadline: Dec 6, 2019

Award: $1000

Essay prompt: "In 600 words or less, tell us about a business idea that you have and how you plan to make it a reality. Be sure to explain how college, in part, will help you succeed."

Learn more here.

9. SimpleTexting College Scholarship (United States)

Deadline: Jan 11, 2020

Award: $1,000

Essay prompt: "If you could send one text to your younger self during a tough time what would you say and why? What advice would you give? What encouragement would you offer?"

Learn more here.

9. SimpleTexting College Scholarship (Canada)

Deadline: Jan 11, 2020

Award: $1,000

Learn more here.

10. Yonkers Honda Student Driver Scholarship

Deadline: February 4, 2020

Award: $1,000

Essay prompt: "Just like we all need someone to teach us how to drive, sometimes we need other people to teach us how to be the best versions of ourselves. In 600 words or less describe someone who has been a positive influence on your life and how they have inspired you."

Learn more here.