Scary Movies To Binge Watch With Your Bestie

It is finally spooky season and these horror movies aren't your basics! Classics, mind benders, and gore are on their way in these must-watch Halloween films. Grab someone to cuddle up with, some hot chocolate and get binge-watching!

19

Nightmare Before Christmas

This Tim Burton classic is a must-watch and always will be. Jack Skellington, the Oogie Boogie Man, a sewn together Sally, ghost dog Zero, and more frightful characters interplay in Jack's plot to take over the role of Santa. The best Halloween music comes from this movie! Kidnap the Sandy Claws, This is Halloween, and the Oogie Boogie Song are all from this iconic movie.

the nightmare before christmas halloween GIFGiphy

In the Tall Grass

This movie is based off of Stephan King and his son's novel. The main characters are drawn into a field of tall grass by each other's voices stuck there from a time loop, with no way out. This movie requires your full attention and will live rent-free in your mind forever after. If there is anything you need to remember when watching this film, it is that the grass knows all.

Midsommar

This film is slow-moving, filled with floral aesthetics, and horror that creeps up on you. Main character Dani travels to Sweden with a group of friends to experience the Harga, village people that practice traditional living, and their once in a lifetime festival. The groups experiences go from observing beautiful traditional practices to being sacrificed in this cult movie.

torture crying GIF by A24Giphy

31 aka thirty-one

In this Rob Zombie film, a group traveling on Halloween become the victims of a game in which they must fight different killers to survive to the next round. Old rich people bet on the players and change their odds each round. While the premise of this movie gives off Hunger Games vibes, the gore is certainly much more intense.

Jennifer's Body

Megan Fox's mega hotness is capitalized off of in this gory high school film. After being sacrificed by a boy band, Jennifer turns into a man eating killing machine. I love the y2k aesthetics and girl power in this film.

megan fox GIF by 20th Century Fox Home EntertainmentGiphy

House of 1,000 Corpses

A group of friends pick up a hitchhiker on the night of Halloween. She takes them to her house after their car breaks down. After experiencing the odd family of the house, they think they are being allowed to leave. Until they are kidnapped for some murderous fun. Being another Rob Zombie film, House of 1,000 corpses contains plenty of mind bending gore.