5 Scary Movies And Shows You Have To Watch On Netflix

Halloween is soon, but we are still in spooky season; if you haven't watched any scary movies yet, these are the must-sees.

89

I am a haunted house and scary movie lover, so October is my favorite time of the year.

I have watched about every single scary thing on Netflix, but the good ones can be hard to find. Unfortunately, they don't have the greatest horror movie of all time, (Annabelle Creation) so I had to dig a little deeper to find something that could really shake me up. If you're looking for some Halloween classics like Halloweentown, Twitches, The Nightmare Before Christmas, or Casper, then these aren't for you. Here are the best of horror on Netflix ranked:

1. The Conjuring

https://www.quora.com/How-would-you-rate-the-conjuring-franchise

I have watched this movie probably 50 times, but I would be lying if I said I didn't still jump. It has everything we are looking for in horror: paranormal activity, drama, and disturbing scenes. The Conjuring was just put on Netflix after I waited what seemed like forever. It is based on a true story, making it even scarier; maybe that's just me since the Conjuring House looks just like my house. The best part is, unlike some scary movies, there is a happy ending! (after an exorcism, of course)

2. The Haunting of Hill House

https://tvline.com/2018/10/12/the-haunting-of-hill-house-recap-season-1-episode-1-premiere-steven-sees-a-ghost/

Just recently coming to Netflix, this 10 episode series almost made me fall off my bed. The plot of the show is unique to other horror plots; there is tons of family drama in every episode and scares that will make you shiver. The family is haunted by the house, but there isn't just paranormal activity. There are deaths and horrifying images that will get you into the spooky season real quick.

3. American Horror Story

www.konbini.com/us/entertainment/american-horror-story-theme-park-set-open-universal-studios/amp/

This show is one of my favorites. There are now eight seasons with a different storyline in each season, making it feel like you are watching a whole different show for each one. Season one is called Murder House, season two is called Asylum, season three is called Coven, season four is called Freak Show, season five is called Hotel, season six is called Roanoke, season seven is called Cult, and season eight is called Apocalypse. They all have one thing in common, though; there is a lot of death and scares. While Roanoke was a shorter season, it is one of my favorites. It is definitely one of the most terrifying and there is never a dull moment where you don't feel scared. They use some of the same actors, but they transform to their characters so well it is not so noticeable.

4. Bates Motel

https://televisionmagnets.wordpress

While this show is more drama than the rest, it grows more terrifying as it goes on. It has some of the most insane plot twisters. It is not just scary, but it is a little sad. Spoiler Alert, my favorite characters die (shout out to Norma Bates and Sheriff Alex Romero). The ending is not so happy, but at least Dylan and Emma get their happy ending.

5. Coraline

pinterest.com

This one isn't exactly a horror movie, I know. It might be a kids movie, but it still gives me the creeps. Maybe it's just the animation that is so creepy, but it is definitely a good one to watch. The buttons for eyes honestly makes me look away and Coraline's "other mother" just makes me want to hide under my blanket.

Netflix has a tab for Halloween now, so there are plenty more to watch.