Thanking my mom

Because I Don't Say it Enough, Thank You, Mom

There is definitely so much more that you do for me, but these are a few things that I'm most thankful for.

167
Megan Benson

My mom texted me earlier this week saying to be on the lookout for something coming in the mail, which I was excited about because I love getting packages from home. I was so excited that she was sending something to me "just because." It made me realize how appreciative I am of all the little things she does for me, whether it's a card in the mail or a text telling me to have a good day. I am so thankful for her and everything she does, but since I'm not able to see her everyday while away at college, I don't always thank her enough for everything she does. So, here's you to mom and here are some reasons why I am so thankful for you and all that you do.

Your endless support even from miles away means so much to me. You are always there to guide me along the path towards my future, which is both scary and exciting, and you offer the best advice while doing so. You are my biggest "hype man" and you always know how to make me feel better in times of doubt. You are always there to calm me down when I'm stressed and encourage me endlessly because you know what I am capable of. Thank you for being my biggest supporter.

Thank you for all of your wisdom. You always offer the best advice, and you continue to give me advice even when I keep making the same mistakes. Even when I don't want to listen to what you have to say, when you do know what's better and right, you're always accepting when I come back to you and realize you were right. You never rub that in my face,instead, you help me to keep growing and moving forward. Thank you for always sharing your advice and wisdom with open arms.

You are always there for me. You deal with my craziness all the time and don't ever call me crazy. You are always willing to answer my long and numerous phone calls whether it's about something I need help with or just chat on my walk to class. You always ask how my day is and how everything's going, and your constant care means the world to me. No matter what you're doing, or where you are, even traveling the world for work, you always are there for me. Thank you for always being there for me.

You know more about me than I even know about myself. You always know how to brighten my mood or make me laugh. I cherish every time you come to visit Madison and all the dinner dates we plan whenever I come home. Thank you for always thinking of me and sending me surprise packages, because getting a little something from home is the best feeling ever. I can't wait for breaks because that means we get to run errands and spend time together. Thank you for always laughing with me and, sometimes, at me. I'm so happy we have the best mother-daughter relationship; you're my best friend and my mom. Thank you for being my best friend.