Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye

Goodbyes are hard - especially to your hometown.

2

Sorority move-in day is exciting for many reasons: seeing all your friends, setting up your area in your new room, going shopping for last minute things, eating the first meal with your new roomies, seeing everyone's newly craft decorated rooms, and many other firsts. Those these are all glamorous, the worst part of everything is saying goodbye to your hometown and family. 

Those who live in big cities have it easy - they know they'll be back quickly because who can leave the hustle and bustle with no fuss. The city is engrained in them and they will always be desperate to go back. On the flip side though, small town people know the true meaning of goodbye.  

Waving out the window as you see the places where you grew up is extremely heartbreaking. You know that soon enough you won't be coming back, so taking the time to enjoy everything fully is in fact necessary. You can't just say "See you later," because what if there isn't a later. School may require you to stay throughout the summer or jobs will whisk you off to a different state. Growing up can be tough. 

Family is hard to say the word "goodbye" to be but you know you'll see them again. After all, they are related to you. Holidays, reunions, family weekend at school, it's not hard to reconnect. You'll call your parents every time you need to use their credit card in order to buy more canvas - for the future little, duh. Grandparents call occasionally. Siblings will rejoice that they have more of the house to themselves, but they'll come to see you when your parents come too. 

Hometowns can make you crazy - growing up you're always ready to leave. But when it's actually time to go, you never want to leave. There is no way of knowing what's out in the world for you but without leaving, you definitely won't know. 

Embrace saying goodbye, embrace the hello to your new life, and enjoy everything in between.