Say Goodbye to What Was AND Hello to What Is

Change

12
eskipaper

They say letting go of what use to be and saying hello to what is, is only half the battle. I say that is an understatement. The ability to be able to say goodbye to everything you ever known and was familiarized with, and to never look back , takes great strength and courage. It is ok to fear the unknown, and be hesitant about what comes next when you are willing to take that next step. The factors that motivate the welcoming of the new unknown can be motivating or cause the unknown to be revealed slower than it should be.”The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”(Socrates)

Change is never easy and it can be a slow process, but sometimes one has to make a change for the better for a more positive outlook on life. Some people love change, they believe that change will shape them into the person they have always wanted to become. Sometimes it is for the better and other times it could be a negative effect, where it causes a person to become the alternate worst version of themselves. “Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.”(Robin Sharma)

When you think of a new beginning, a journey that you have never taken before, it can be intimidating. The feeling of unfamiliar territory can be unnerving at times, but sometimes that is a good thing. If you never step out of your comfort zone, your never know what will be waiting just around the corner for you. A new adventure could be brewing in your favor, but you have to take the first step and welcome it. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”(Lao Tzu)

To fear the unexpected is cutting one’s self off from a new beginning, journey, and a life that could be tough at first, but could be a great adventure. Change is never easy, no one ever said it would be, but the way you look at a new beginning could make your chances of lasting it even greater.

Saying goodbye to what you have always known and loved is never easy, especially if your life before was magical and great and there was no need for change, but sometimes change is an unexpected gift or maybe it is not. To say goodbye to the old is not suppose to be familiar and simple, it will take time to forget what you have always known, and become accustomed to your new normal, but sometimes it will turn you into a stronger person. A person you never knew you had the ability of becoming.”Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”( Rikki Rogers)