5 Savory Recipes for Fall

5 Savory Recipes for Fall

Because there's more to fall than pumpkin.

47
Fall
skitterphoto.com

This is a response to Six Fall Recipes To Get You Through November.

There's no arguing that fall has some amazing seasonal flavors. Pumpkin, cinnamon, pecan, maple...the dessert possibilities are endless! Less commonly talked about are the great savory dishes that you can make with this same flavor profile. Here are five recipes to fix that:

Butternut Squash Casserole

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/butternut-squash-casserole1-1657908204.jpg?crop=1xw:0.7498500299940012xh;center,top&resize=1200:* crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/butternut-squash-casserole1-1657908204.jpg%3Fcrop%3D1xw%3A0.7498500299940012xh%3Bcenter%2Ctop%26resize%3D1200%3A%2A%22%7D" expand=1] This Tasty Butternut Squash Casserole Is Almost Too Cozy

www.delish.com

We're starting off strong with the champion of comfort meals: the casserole. In this recipe, savory butternut squash is baked together with bacon bits and white cheddar, and seasoned with thyme and Italian spices. According to Delish, it's "fall in a baking dish."

Many-Veggie Vegetable Soup

Many-Veggie Vegetable Soup - Love and Lemons

www.loveandlemons.com

Nothing says fall like a cozy bowl of hot soup. This nourishing vegan soup from Love and Lemons is the perfect options for chilly November night.

Creamy Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff

Creamy Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff

cafedelites.com

This list has included vegetable-centric options so far, but here's something for the lovers of meat and effortless-but-fancy dishes. Pasta, beef, white wine, and creamy sauce come together in only 20 minutes in this recipe from Cafe Delites!

Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust

Herby Chicken Pot Pie with Easy Biscuit Crust

www.feastingathome.com

Here's a homestyle classic from Feasting at Home. The biscuit crust is easier to make than you'd think, and it's sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Shredded Brussels Sprout Bacon Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette.

www.halfbakedharvest.com

We'll close out this list with a recipe from Half Baked Harvest that's lighter than the rest, but equally as festive. If you need a dish to bring to Friendsgiving, this would make a great side!