6 Ways To Save Money In College

6 Ways To Save Money In College

Effortless? Nah... Worth it? Yes!

10
6 Ways To Save Money In College
Youtube

A lot of the time, people don't realize that they need to save money or do not have enough until it is too late. For many college students, spring break has just passed or is quickly approaching. There are a lot of simple ways that one can save money throughout college, without even trying too hard.

1. Try to go to restaurants less.

If you are going out multiple times a week, you are spending too much money. Either buy your own groceries or use your school's meal plan. This is an easy fix, and you will notice that you save a lot by staying in. Of course, it is ok to treat yourself every once in a while.

2. Apply for scholarships.

There are many available throughout the year and can be found easily through your college or just by doing an online search. Many scholarships also renew themselves, so you can reapply for one that you did in the past.

3. Never buy new textbooks!

Either try to buy used books or rent them. If you can find a friend who has taken a certain class before you, try to see if you can borrow their book or negotiate a reasonable price.

4. Shop wisely by looking for sales or coupons.

While this may take some time, your bank account will thank you. Also, try to see if your friends want to chip in on something, that way you will not have to pay the full price. Some stores also give a discount for using a student ID, so look for those opportunities.

5. Do not live alone.

In most cases, it is cheaper to have roommates than to live in a single. Also, in this case, you will not have to buy all of your necessities or rent/utilities individually.

6. Try not to keep items that you are not using.

Especially if you live in a dorm room like me, unnecessary items can begin to pile up. If this begins to happen to you, look into selling them. Websites like Craigslist and Ebay have a lot opportunities to sell what you no longer need.

There are many other ways to save money, and while all of these tips may not seem effortless, they will definitely be worth your time. Your bank account will be thanking you in the long run!