Save The Bees

Save The Bees

Bes being placed on the Endangered species list is a call for action
8

When someone says spring what do you think of? Do you think of flowers, birds chirping? Leaves budding on the trees? Free Rita’s? Green grass growing? If you said bees buzzing then do I have some bad news for you. Bees were recently added to the endangered species list. Do you know wat this means for the world? If anything it is a wakeup call for all of us. This is what the world would be like if we don’t do something to save the bees.

Bees have a crucial part of the ecosystem which is to pollinate plants. If the plants aren’t pollinated then the fruit and crops aren’t produced. That’s a lot of plants and vegetables that we enjoy that depend on the pollination of bees. This means that if they go extinct that we won’t only lose bees we will lose all the fruits and vegetables like strawberries, pumpkins, and apples.

They also pollinate herbs, grasses, and flowers. You may ask why should I care. It isn’t like I am a florist? I don’t use herbs with anything. Flowers are a staple in today’s society being used for weddings, parties, and occasions like proms. They are what people give someone who is or who graduated or after a concert performance.

Bees produce beeswax and honey which are key parts of many products that we use. Many people put honey in their tea, make into candy like lollipops, and use beeswax in hardware and candles. We would lose all these products if bees go extinct.

When I think of a world without bees I think of the movie Wallie. In the movie the world becomes so polluted and covered with trash that is deemed unlivable ad they go and live in space while these little robots clean up the earth. Over time only one robot survives and cleans the earth that looks like a wasteland with dilapidated buildings and mountains of trash. That is what I think will happen if we keep doing what we are doing. As I see it we have two options here.

One, we can just ignore and let this happen and let the bees potentially go extinct and lose everything we have because of bees. Two, we can start doing stuff to help the bees. We can plant plants that can help them. These plants include herbs like Thyme. you can also invest in your own mason hive.