Satan Can't Hear Your Thoughts

Satan Can't Hear Your Thoughts

Let God use the fear that you're currently letting the devil use.
253

A few days ago, my friend shared a piece of wisdom with me and it left me absolutely stunned. What she said was this:

Satan can’t hear your thoughts.

I’ve known for a long time how powerful words are on myself and on others, but I had never fully grasped how powerful my words are on the devil and his forces.

Satan is not omniscient; only God is. Satan will try his hardest to attack all of you in the faith as well as corrupt you and ruin your life. But the only thing he has on you is what you say, write, or do.

He can’t and won’t know anything that you don’t want him to.

When you verbally doubt God’s work in your life or who He made you to be, or you show a lack of belief in Him or His will for you, Satan has an opportunity to get in your head and jumps on it. He hears your words of doubt and immediately plans his next attack.

On the other hand, when you proclaim belief in God and His work in you and your life, or pray to Him out loud or on paper, or visibly worship Him, Satan is literally repelled away. Satan often tries to attack those who show great faith in order to attempt to turn them from God, but if you hold fast to God, Satan will be driven away.

Satan is powerful, but God is even more so.

Satan also knows the power of God even better than we do since he was actually in the physical presence of God until God casted him out of heaven. Because of this, God's disciples need not worry about Satan because the Lord is our helper and we shall not fear. (Hebrews 13:6)

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
-James 4:7

Resist him. Submit yourself to God and the devil will know he has no power over you. God’s protection is greater than the devil’s advances on you.

“The tongue has the power of life and death…”-
-Proverbs 18:2a

With nothing but your own words, you have the power to either open a door for Satan and let him in, or to disregard him and allow yourself God’s power to work in you.

What choice will you make?

What is one area of your life that you open a door to Satan with your words and give him a sliver of influence over you?

Whether it’s doubt of yourself, your relationship with God, anger, insecurity, sinful thoughts, or something else, I encourage you to stop letting Satan use that as an access point in your life and to give God that part of your life as well.

With all this in mind, you have to remember that Satan knows when you don't believe what you're saying. If you fear the devil, you are lacking belief in God's power.

A person who is wholly devoted to God believes in Him so firmly that the devil is not even a concern to them. The things that come out of a person's mouth are an overflow of their heart (Matthew 15:18), so if you truly love and believe in God, then you will be speaking for God and against the devil without even intentionally doing so.

If you love God, you don't need to fear Satan. When you fervently chase after God, the devil can't catch you, so there is no reason to worry about him.