Sad Songs Suggestion

8 Songs To Add To Your 'I'm Feeling Blue' Playlist

Everyone has an angsty playlist, it's part of life.

90

There are days when you just can't help feeling blue. You can try and try to cheer yourself up, but sometimes it may be better to allow yourself to wallow in a puddle of sadness instead. There's nothing wrong with being in your feels. Here are eight sad songs to listen on your gloomy days.

"Me" - The 1975

Starting off this list, a song off of The 1975's debut self-titled album. "Me" is the perfect song to hit when you're in that down in the dumps mood. One listen is all you to understand what I'm talking about — the introduction, the slow metronome style drumbeat, and the intense lyrics. I've spent my share of nights driving around with this song playing, and each time it hits just the same.

"Stay" - Post Malone

This one might be a little more known. The acoustic song about his troubles maintaining a relationship with his girl is one that might hit home for many. Acoustic Post always hits in the feels, and this is no different. Maybe not the best driving song, but definitely good for laying down after a tough day — maybe even a fight with that significant other.

"Privilege" - The Weeknd

The EP is called "My Dear Melancholy," so of course, it's going to have some sad songs. The last track "Privilege" is the one that really got me the most. The song deals with The Weeknd's solution to recovering from a breakup — that solution involves drugs. The slow beat, somber melody, and sad lyrics make for one really good "melancholy" song, making it suitable for your sad playlist just fine. While the whole album could be an article in its own, this track is the one that stuck on my playlist.

"A Heart Like Yours" - Kevin Garrett

In this song, Garrett touches on being left by someone that he still has feelings for. While it starts slow and picks up towards the end, it doesn't lose touch with the sad melody that started it out from the very first note. A good one to check out since many haven't heard this one before (hopefully a new addition to some sad playlists).

"$ting" - The Neighbourhood

It wouldn't be one of my articles if I didn't include The Neighbourhood. Luckily, they have sad songs too. Off of their EP "The Love Collection," this song focuses on a relationship that was doomed from the start, no matter how hard the two people tried to make it work, even stating that the two had been "ignoring the problems just to hold what we had." A good song for those having relationship problems and definitely one that will make the sadness feel sadder.

"Talk is Overrated" - Jeremy Zucker

A track off of his EP "Idle," Zucker teams up with Blackbear to produce a sad song for the ages. Again speaking on relationships, Zucker believes love is not that great and refuses to recognize titles. Blackbear hops on because he is the king of emo. Together they help populate the sad playlists of everyone who believes love is dumb, or in this case, "overrated." Blackbear deserves a shoutout as well, his song "90210" is on my sad playlist.

"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" - John Mayer

Mayer is known for always having good songs, but that doesn't leave out sad songs. From his album "Continuum," he sings about a relationship that is deteriorating, maybe after one too many fights. It's gotten so bad that they know they're doomed, which brings the title "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room." The combination of emotional lyrics with Mayer's guitar playing ability really brings about a good song to listen to in the shower when you're feeling down.

"Doing It Wrong" - Drake

I could have said "Marvin's Room," but that would have been way too easy. Doing It Wrong, in my opinion, is just as sad. To be honest, I think the melody and beat might even be sadder. Either way, there's a reason Drake is known for being able to put people in their feelings because this song can do just the trick. Whether you've never heard it before — perhaps you have heard it a million times — it deserves a spot on your sad playlist.