Ryan Reynolds Starred In What Is Perhaps The Worst Movie Ever

The only reason I remember this movie is because it was so terrible.

849
Buried

I write this article to educate the masses.

I don't want my audience to suffer the same fate I did and waste a couple hours of their life. Only one man shares my misery and that is my father. We had the pleasure of watching a movie called Buried together.

This was back in the Blockbuster days when we had one a couple minutes away from our home. It was a ritual to go there every weekend and pick out a few movies to watch. There was always a large selection that is unrivaled by Netflix to this day. I'm talking recent movies from the theater that just came out on DVD, not the low-budget ones Netflix has. Blockbuster had movies that I wanted to watch with actors that I knew and liked, or so I thought.

Most of you have heard of a man named Ryan Reynolds. He is an actor known for his looks and his role in "The Proposal" and "Deadpool."

In 2010 he starred in "Buried," a movie about a man buried alive in a coffin in the desert somewhere in Iraq.

The whole movie takes place in a dark coffin and the perspective is akin to that of an ant crawling on Ryan's face. The camera is that close, believe me, filming in a box doesn't give you many options.

He is equipped with two items to help him get out of this coffin buried six feet under the ground: a cell phone and a lighter. He uses the cell phone to tell his wife he won't be home for dinner and call authorities for help. The lighter is used to provide light and suck up oxygen. There is a whopping total of one actor in the movie, our dear friend Ryan, and everyone else that plays a role is voice only. I'm serious, if you check IMDB.com you can see every other actor is listed with (voice) next to their name.

At this point, you might be wondering why I didn't just shut off the movie 20 minutes in when I realized I would be watching the same scene for an hour and a half. Unlike those of you reading this that are weak-spirited quitters, I finish what I start. Even if it's a bad movie. (Okay you quitters might be the smart ones in this situation.)

There was a part of me that wanted to see this man get out of the box so badly! Towards the grand finale, you hear the voice on the other end of the phone say "We're coming for you, we found your location, we're digging you up!" The screen begins to rattle and the box is filling with sand as time runs out for Ryan.

Then there is a pause, "Oh my goodness. It's not him. I'm so sorry." That's it?! Did they find another guy buried alive in a coffin in the desert of Iraq? What are the odds? I can tell you one set of odds, the odds that I just wasted my life watching the worst movie ever: 1 in 1.