'RWBY' Volume Six Review

'RWBY' Volume Six Was A Wild Ride That Leaves Us Holding Our Breath For The Next One

Going through trial and tribulation in order to achieve their mission on saving Remnant.

16

What a wild ride for team RWBY and friends, going through trial and tribulation in order to achieve their mission on saving Remnant. If you don't know what the series "RWBY" is, then let me explain. "RWBY" is an American anime web series created by the late Monty Oum and is produced by Rooster Teeth. The plot is centered around the four main titular characters, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long, attending an elite institution called Beacon Academy where they train to become Huntsmen and Huntresses, who are warriors that protect Remnant from the forces of evil.

While attending, they make friends with Team JNPR (Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren), stopping the evil plans of villains like Roman Torchwick and Cinder Fall. Throughout the series, the four main characters confront their own internal issues with Ruby questioning her heroic intentions, Weiss reconciling her legacy as an heiress at the Schee Dust Company, Blake being haunted by her past actions as a former member of the terrorist group called the White Fang, and Yang relentlessly searching for her mother, Raven Brawen, who abandoned her as a child.

Volume Six picked up where Volume Five left off, Team RWBY and company finding the Relic of Knowledge and on their way to the kingdom of Atlas. In the first episode, Team RWBY and company fight off two types of Grimm ("creatures of destruction" that lack a soul) called Manticores which were led by a Sphinx that was attacking a train that was heading to the city of Argus, a port city in the northern region in the kingdom of Mistral.

After defeating the Sphinx, the back half of the train crashes but no one is hurt. To the group's surprise, a new character emerges, an older woman named Maria Calavera. Episode Three, "The Lost Fable," reveals the backstory of the main protagonist Salem. It is also revealed that Maria was a legendary Huntress, known as "The Grimm Reaper" but lost her silver eyes, unfortunately. From experience, Maria helps Ruby channel her silver eye power, which is proven to be beneficial throughout the Volume.

The Volume also had the long-awaited return of two characters, Neptune Vasilias and Neopolitan. Many fans believed her to be dead after her Maiden battle with Raven, but Cinder Fall miraculously survives her plunge and teams with Neo. Adam Taurus, the leader of the White Fang, and another antagonist revealed the nasty scar that he has been hiding for the entire series and meets his grizzly end by the hands of both Blake and Yang.

The Volume ends with Team RWBY and company finally arriving in Atlas via a ship they stole from the military. The Volume overall was full of surprises that threw viewers into a loop and a brand new setting that will be set up for the next Volume. I hope the next Volume will be just as action-packed and full of twists and turns as this Volume. Get your dust and weapons ready because it will be a wild ride!